Location: Dapto, NSW
Date advertised: 19th November 2020
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 18th December 2020
Dapto is the fastest-growing residential area in New South Wales outside the Sydney region. Over the next few decades, it will become home to around 19,000 new homes and more than 50,000 people. With this growth comes many exciting opportunities to grow God’s Kingdom in Dapto.
Dapto Anglican is seeking a part time Worship Pastor/Team Leader who will lead and develop a worship program to see an equipped team delivering, engaging and powerful worship services that help lead our congregations to connection with, and the celebration of, God through music.
The successful applicant will be expected to work collegiately as part of the larger staff team.
This position reports to the Families Minister and will be responsible for the following:
- Recruiting, training and equipping bandleaders and the whole team to connect with God and create the environment for the congregation to draw near to God and praise Him.
- Contribute to the flow and journey of the whole service both musically and thematically.
- Oversee the development of the AV/Production team including sound, lighting, projection and on-line streaming.
- Implement evaluation and growth goals for individuals and teams
- Planning and rostering of music teams including choosing songs, musical arrangement and planning integration in line with series’ themes
- Oversee special events (e.g. Christmas, Easter, Worship nights)
Successful applicants must have:
- Formal music training including competent vocal or musical skills. Skilled in vocal and musical direction.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, video projection and on-line streaming technologies.
- Proven ability to lead and develop diverse teams including volunteers. Leading through discipleship to see people grow spiritually, in ministry attitude and skills.
- Strong organisational skills including the ability to develop and implement strategies for ministry growth.
- Good communication skills.
- Be able to work in a team.
- Physical and mental stamina to oversee multiple Sunday services.
This is a part time role, 3 days per week (including Sundays).
The position is available from January/February 2021. A later starting date could be arranged if required.
If you are interested in this job, please email your resume to Jason McPhail at email@example.com or call 0242 611 001 for further information.