P/T Legal Counsel
Location: Sydney CBD, NSW
Date advertised: 20th November 2018
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 20 December 2018
The Sydney Diocesan Secretariat (SDS) is committed to supporting the building of God’s Kingdom through the provision of a range of valued services to organisations and churches in the Anglican Church Diocese of Sydney.
About the role
You will be responsible for:
- Providing legal support to the Synod, churches, organisations, boards and committees within the Anglican Diocese of Sydney
- Providing support to the Head of Legal and Corporate Services
- A wide experience in employment law or general corporate law.
- Proven experience in providing legal advice in relation to workplace issues, such as preparing contracts and recruitment, termination, employment disputes, investigations, privacy, work, health and safety, discrimination and the law of contract.
- An ability to create practical legal solutions for clients with differing needs and resources, in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of their values and ethos.
- Ability to draft legal documents and develop forms and precedents.
- An ability to deliver training or presentations on legal matters to diverse audiences.
- Excellent communication skills, experience dealing with clients and able to deal with people of varying authority, and levels within an organisation.
- A personal commitment to the mission of the Anglican Church Diocese of Sydney.
- Ability to problem solve and seek clarification when required.
- Excellent academic record.
Consistent with the ethos and values of SDS, applicants for the position should have a demonstrated Christian commitment, ideally as a member of an Anglican church in the Diocese.
Apply now with a covering letter and resume to email@example.com
Please call Steve Lucas, Head of Legal and Corporate Services on 9265 1647 with any inquiries.
Please call Rebecca Addario, Manager Human Resources on 9265 1559 for a position description.