Location: Coogee, NSW
Date advertised: 24th November 2022
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: ASAP
The Early Learning Centre:
St. Nics' Christian Preschool (SNCP) oﬀers quality childcare in a community/church-managed, a community-based early learning centre for 39 children ranging from 2 to 5 years of age.
We aim to oﬀer children and families an early learning centre where excellent Christian early childhood education and care is provided with Jesus at the heart of all we do. Through our safe and highly engaging play-based program, we aim to build relationships and connections between the St Nics’ Christian Preschool community and the St Nicolas’ Church community. We embed our Christian values throughout our program and curriculum, our values being deeply founded in the centrality of Jesus and God’s Word, the Bible.
St. Nics' Christian Preschool (SNCP) is seeking to appointment an experienced Director with an ability to manage, lead and deliver a centre of excellence. The Director will manage SNCP in a manner that shows a passion and commitment to children and their families, and that is God honouring and consistent with the SNCP's vision to provide the local community with a caring and kind environment, giving children the best start to life, and reﬂecting the love of Jesus in all that we do.
Essential to this role is a personal commitment to SNCP's Vision, Mission, Values and Philosophy that underpin the delivery of a Christian-based education of excellence, to children in the SNCP community.
We see the appointment of the Director/Nominated Supervisor as a ministry calling.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Creating and maintaining a uniquely Christian early learning environment.
- Management, coordination and oversight of the early childhood service.
- Provision of excellent leadership to the SNCP team.
- Provision of quality education, care, respect and understanding of all children and families.
- Development and implementation of relevant programs and activities as an integral part of SNCP for e.g. Intergenerational Program and Indigenous Scholarship.
- Adherence to all legislative requirements.
- Recruitment, retention and training of staﬀ.
- Day to day ﬁnancial management of the service.
- Create opportunities to continue to build upon the relationships between SNCP and the St. Nicolas' Church.
- Have a clear understanding and support for Christian education.
- Have a genuine interest in the welfare of children and also in their social, spiritual and academic development.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and coordinate a pre-school or long day care centre.
- Demonstrate commitment to the provision of high quality Christian education and care.
- Have a highly developed understanding of relevant legislation and other government requirements which regulate the provision of care and education.
- Have an understanding of and commitment to the National Quality Frameworks.
- Ability to work as both a leader and member of a wider management team.
- Demonstrate a high level of liaison, oral and written communication skills.
- Have experience in managing a diverse team.
Essential Qualiﬁcations and Requirements
The successful applicant will have:
- A minimum qualiﬁcation of a Diploma of Early Childhood and Care (or equivalent). Early Childhood Teachers are encouraged to apply.
- Proven experience in managing/running an ELC or long day care centre.
- Current First Aid Certiﬁcate.
- Current NSW Working With Children's Check (WWCC)
- Reference from a Church Pastor or Minister.
Other Essential Requirements
- The salary and classiﬁcation for this position will be dependent on the qualiﬁcations and experience of the successful applicant.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a personal faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and a lifestyle consistent with that faith, including an active commitment to a Christian fellowship.
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens or hold a current and valid working visa. SNCP will not consider sponsorship nor support a visa application process.
- In keeping with the SNCP’s policy and legislative requirements, any oﬀer of employment is subject to you providing a veriﬁed NSW Working With Children Check (WWCC) prior to commencing employment and maintaining this for the duration of your employment.
- 10% Above award pay rates (after probation).
- Paid Professional Development.
- Monthly RDOs
- Four pupil free days throughout the year for professional development and team bonding.
- Free ﬂu vaccinations.
- Paid First Aid and CPR qualiﬁcations (after one year service)
- Bonus two weeks annual leave during Christmas Closure.
- Direct support from our parent/church Committee of Management.
1. Cover Letter/Expression of Interest:
A brief cover letter (no more than two pages) outlining what the candidate feels they will bring to this position.
This should also include detail about experience and expertise in any of the Key Areas of Responsibility.
2. Curriculum Vitae, covering:
Position held (including details of present position), dates, scope of responsibilities and key achievements.
Details of education and professional training and qualiﬁcations.
Any other relevant information, such as involvement in professional and community activities.
Certiﬁed copies of transcripts, degrees and statements of service may be required should you successfully reach the interview round.
All conﬁdential enquiries and applications can be directed to Lucena Neal by phone (02) 9665 7777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org