Children’s Ministry & Primary School SRE Advisor (Northern Region)
Location: Sydney, CBD
Date advertised: 25th November 2019
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: As soon as the position is filled
Youthworks is seeking a Children’s Ministry and Primary School SRE Advisor (Northern Region) to join our Ministry Support team.
The Ministry Support Team hosts the SRE Office on behalf of the Archbishop and provides training and accreditation throughout the diocese for Primary School SRE teachers. It also provides advisory and coaching services to churches and their leaders regarding children’s and youth ministry.
About the role
The Children’s Ministry and Primary School SRE Advisor (Northern Region) will be responsible for advocating for the importance of ministry to children and SRE students; supporting local church ministry and leveraging the ministry resources within the Northern Region of Sydney.
- Lead the development of Children’s Ministry and Primary School SRE Networks.
- Proactive support of Children’s Ministers and Primary SRE School coordinators.
- Manage local parish accountability for Primary School SRE School teacher compliance.
- Communicate the value of SRE and SRE requirements to Parishes.
- Speak at children’s ministry and Primary School SRE events.
- Develop new training modules for Children’s ministry and SRE.
- Oversee the delivery of children’s ministry and SRE training.
- Develop Training Papers and resources pertaining to children’s ministry and SRE ministry.
- Deliver to Youthworks College students a minimum of 1 ACT approved course (subject to qualifications)
You will need to demonstrate
- Qualifications in Theology
- Experience as a Children’s Minister in a Sydney Anglican Church – at least 5 years’ experience.
- A capacity for excellent Christian servant leadership and the ability to lead, manage and develop a team of people.
- An ability to develop strategies to improve quality, identify & solve problems, and engage with curriculum (pedagogy and development).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and to be flexible to reflect changes in priority.
- An ability to work with a wide range of people to achieve effective outcomes.
- Strong work ethos with the ability to think strategically and effectively to implement training and plans.
- Willingness to live in close proximity to the Northern Region of Sydney
- Personal Christian faith and willingness to work within an Anglican organisation
It is desirable that you have 5 years’ experience teaching SRE, education qualifications, experience as a Local or Senior SRE Accreditation Trainer and previous engagement with Youthworks Ministry Support.
Anglican Youthworks is committed to the Working with Children Checks; persons who are ineligible may not apply. A valid Working with Children Check number for paid employment must be obtained and verified prior to an offer of employment being made.
To apply submit in writing, by going to the below website, a cover letter, application form and resume, including at least 1 past employer and your church minister as referees.
For general enquiries please email email@example.com.