Location: Norwest - Hills District, NSW
Date advertised: 4th January 2021
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 4th February, 2021
Anglicare values every person as an individual, created in the image of God. Our Mission and Partnerships team at Anglicare, is committed to providing Christ-centred care to our valued clients, residents and staff, to support them with meeting their spiritual and emotional needs.
The pivotal role of Pastoral Care Manager provides leadership and oversight to our valued team of residential aged care Pastoral Carers.
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised, by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit our website: www.anglicare.org.au
Pastoral Care at Anglicare:
Christian ministry is carried out by our dedicated Mission and Partnerships team across Anglicare, through Pastoral Care and Chaplaincy, services.
Pastoral Carers contribute to the important role of sharing the love of Jesus, by visiting residents in our Aged Care Homes, as well as providing a variety of pastoral care initiatives, including helping the Chaplain run a weekly church service.
Pastoral Carers play a key role in ensuring residents are well supported as they move into care and provide ongoing pastoral support to assist in meeting their spiritual needs.
About the role:
We are seeking a compassionate and motivated leader with a background in Christ-centred Pastoral Care, to facilitate and manage the provision of quality evangelical pastoral care. This will be carried out in accordance with the Christian identity of Anglicare as expressed in our vision, mission and values.
Reporting to the Residential Aged Care Chaplaincy Manager, you will have a vital role in ensuring our team of Pastoral Carers in each residential home are well supported, by providing effective management, ministry oversight and coordination of pastoral care staff.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Provide direction, supportive leadership, management and ministry oversight to Anglicare’s Pastoral Care team within residential Aged Care Homes.
- Develop collaborative and supportive working relationships with the Residential and Mission and Partnerships Staff.
- Provide pastoral and professional development opportunities to residential Pastoral Carers to equip them to love, serve and ensure the spiritual needs of our residents and staff are met.
- Engage with key stakeholders to ensure the recruitment of competent and qualified pastoral carers with the Residential Aged Care Homes.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of strategic developments for Pastoral Care and Chaplaincy, by working collaboratively with management.
- Ensure safety standards and risk are well managed
- Maintain strong financial management and accountability by using available resources and monitoring the budget
- Demonstrate ongoing commitment to his/her spiritual growth in the Christian Faith
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Embody Anglicare’s vision of reaching out, enriching lives and sharing the love of Jesus
- Tertiary qualifications in theology or a relevant discipline or / demonstration of experience in ministry and pastoral care (preferably in Aged Care).
- Demonstrated skills and experience in Christian ministry leadership
- Demonstrable alignment with the doctrines, tenets and beliefs of the Anglican Church, Diocese of Sydney
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude for good financial management
- Ongoing membership and participation of a local Christian congregation
- A current Working with Children’s Check Clearance or willingness to obtain
You will have purpose:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be an example of Christian living and will inspire your Pastoral Care team to contribute to our shared mission of serving people in need, enriching lives and sharing the love of Jesus.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
For more informaiton or to apply, please visit our website: www.anglicare.org.au