Location: Newtown, Sydney
Date advertised: 26th November 2019
Job Type: Part time, Permanent
Closing Date: As soon as the position is filled
To lecture in the College program and to fulfil the administrative functions of the position of Academic Dean.
- Teaching and assessing face to face, intensive and online units that fall within their expertise, as negotiated with the Principal under the terms of the Youthworks College workload policy
- Provide pastoral care/ministry formation of students in small groups and one-to-one
- Assist with the revision of curricula and materials related to all units taught in the College programmes
- Fulfil the role of Academic Dean by working in conjunction with the Registrar
You will need to demonstrate
- Master’s degree in theology or higher
- Proven teaching skills
- Experience in working with young adults
- Demonstrable administrative skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to work effectively within a small team to achieve effective outcomes
- Personal Christian faith and willingness to work within an Anglican organisation
- Commitment to work with Youthworks’ mission.
- An understanding of, and commitment to evangelical theology in the reformed tradition.
- Be able to be licensed by the Archbishop
It is desirable but not essential that you have expertise in Old Testament studies, familiarity and skill in engaging in the social media environment, ability to generate creative solutions to issues as they arise in the workplace, experience in developing programmes and curricula, experience in working in youth and/or children’s ministry; or in a local church context and ordination in the Anglican Church.
To note applications cannot be processed until a completed application form is submitted.
Anglican Youthworks is committed to the Working with Children Checks; persons who are ineligible may not apply. A valid Working with Children Check number for paid employment must be obtained and verified prior to an offer of employment being made.
To apply submit in writing a cover letter, application form and resume by going to the below website. Please include at least 1 past employer and your current church minister as referees.
For general enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.