P/T Children’s Minister
Location: Blacktown, NSW
Date advertised: 28th November 2018
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: ASAP
Blacktown is a growing, multicultural city with endless gospel opportunities. The suburb of Blacktown has had the highest number of births in NSW for eight of the last nine years. More than 20% of the suburb is under the age of 15, and 52% under the age of 35.
In a new season of church life, we are looking to intentionally invest resources into reaching the large number of families that live around us, and creating a church environment that engages and inspires families to connect with us.
We are looking for someone who loves Jesus, seeing children learn and grow in their faith, encouraging and partnering with parents, and is excited to work with a new team exploring new ministry possibilities.
- Oversight and co-ordinating SRE in our local primary schools
- Teaching classes
- Liaising with schools and other teachers
- Leading our Sunday morning kids ministry (K-6) program
- Lesson planning & teaching
- Building and supporting a leadership team
- Pastoral responsibility, care and oversight of our creche & playgroup ministries
- Supporting the leaders of these ministries
- Exploring opportunities for greater integration between playgroup and the life of our church
- Identification, training and encouragement of volunteer leaders
Potential areas of ministry (possibilities for someone with appropriate passion/gifting)
- Establishing a new outreach ministry to kids and families
- Involvement in building connections with our Childcare Centre
- Be able to self-start, organise and manage your time efficiently
- Be a clear communicator
- Ideally, someone who has achieved, or is workings towards, a theological qualification.
- Willing to consider a current Youthworks College student or MTS Trainee.
Someone willing to invest long-term with the potential for future role expansion.
This role reports directly to the Senior Minister. It will include regular meeting for support and training according to a set of mutually agreed needs and desires.
Send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send your resumé with the contact details of two referees and your Senior Minister to email@example.com