P/T Youth Minister
Location: Blacktown, NSW
Date advertised: 28th November 2018
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: ASAP
Blacktown is a growing, multicultural city with endless gospel opportunities. The suburb of Blacktown has had the highest number of births in NSW for eight of the last nine years. More than 20% of the suburb is under the age of 15, and 52% under the age of 35.
In a new season of church life, we are looking to intentionally invest resources into reaching the large number of families that live around us, and creating a church environment that engages and inspires families to connect with us.
We are looking for someone who loves Jesus, seeing young people learn and grow in their faith, encouraging and partnering with parents, and is excited to work with a new team exploring new ministry possibilities.
- Running our ministry in our local high schools
- Teaching SRE at Blacktown Boys High School (currently 1 class/week)
- Leading the Christian Lunchtime group at Blacktown Boys High School
- Involvement in SRE seminars at local high schools in partnership with other churches
- Pastoral responsibility and oversight of our youth ministry
- Leading the Friday night youth group
- Establishing a weekly youth Bible study group
- Identification, training and encouragement of volunteer leaders
- Planning and implementing a discipleship plan for our youth
- Building strong connections between our children, youth and family ministries
- Teaching upper-primary SRE classes
- Involvement in Sunday morning kids programs
- Developing integration pathways for youth into Sunday services
Potential areas of ministry (possibilities for someone with appropriate passion/gifting)
- Involvement in leading and preaching at our Sunday services
- Music ministry
- Opportunities to use skills in technology and graphic design
- Be able to self-start, organise and manage your time efficiently
- Be a clear communicator
Ideally, someone who has achieved, or is workings towards, a theological qualification. Willing to consider a current Youthworks College student or MTS Trainee.
Someone willing to invest long-term with the potential for future role expansion.
This role reports directly to the Senior Minister. It will include regular meeting for support and training according to a set of mutually agreed needs and desires.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
To apply, please send your resumé with the contact details of two referees and your Senior Minister to firstname.lastname@example.org