Youth Ministry Consultant
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Date advertised: 27th November 2019
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 20 December 2019
The Anglican Diocese of Melbourne is a large and dynamic organisation comprising of over 200 parishes located throughout metropolitan Melbourne and extending to include the Bellarine and Mornington Peninsulas.
Reporting to the Head of Parish Mission Resourcing, the Youth Ministry Consultant will support and resource parish-based youth ministry and empower local youth ministries to reach unchurched youth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the implementation of the diocesan strategic plan which focuses on developing youth leadership;
- Empowering youth ministers through coaching;
- Facilitating learning communities; and
- Providing supervision to specialists.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Hold a tertiary qualification in theology, ministry, social work or equivalent;
- Demonstrate significant experience in youth ministry or youth-related social work;
- Be subject to satisfactory clearances including a Police and Working with Children Check;
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- Have a valid driver’s license;
- Have a proven ability to lead and facilitate groups;
- Have a proven ability to coach and empower others; and
- Must ideally be familiar with the Anglican Church, with a practical understanding of its ethos.
In return for your skills and enthusiastic commitment you will have an opportunity to work for an organisation that makes a difference in the lives of many varied individuals across parishes and Victoria. Standard Diocese of Melbourne Clergy or Lay Minister Package applies and ranges between $75,000 and $93,000.
If you have demonstrated effectiveness in leading outreach, disciple-making and leadership development among youth and a passion for empowering others please apply by forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com