Location: Beecroft, NSW
Date advertised: 3rd February 2021
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 3 March 2021
2020 was a tough year. It was a time when as a society our certainties were shaken and our norms of life restricted or removed altogether. A time when as Christians we were reminded of our frailty, were required to depend more upon God and were forced to rethink the nature of church.
But it is in such circumstances that God grows his people.
At St John’s Anglican Church in Beecroft we have introduced a new Sunday afternoon service, and seen an increase in the number of people meeting, physically or online, in small groups and more people than ever using their gifts to serve God and others.
We now need a new Assistant Minister to deputise for the Senior Minister in all aspects of parish life and to be a pastor-teacher at our 10am and 4pm services to help continue the growth of these congregations in number and in maturity of faith.
- a mature follower of Jesus Christ with impeccable character and Reformed doctrine;
- passionately committed to taking the gospel to the local community;
- a proven leader who is strategic in thinking, tactical in execution and able to align all ministry activities to the vision of the church;
- a hard-working, highly-motivated self-starter, who is nevertheless able to work in a team;
- pastorally-minded and empathetic to the multiple issues that people inside and outside of the church face;
- an experienced trainer and manager of lay volunteers for the delivery of ministry;
- an engaging preacher and teacher with a theological degree who can communicate and apply God's word to different age groups and in a variety of settings;
- skilled in partnering with parents in their role of discipling their children;
- teachable and dedicated to personal spiritual growth and performance improvement for God’s glory; and
- wanting to be invested in and given tailored training, performance review and pastoral support?
If you are interested, please contact our Senior Minister, James Smith for a detailed job description via email firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile 0438 669 530.