Location: Coogee, NSW
Date advertised: 3rd December 2019
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 30th January 2020
- To teach youth about Jesus and the Bible so that in time they may want to -
- Accept him as their Lord & Saviour and confirm the promises made at their baptism,
- Grow in their faith through a) making Sunday church a priority, b) building Christian friendships, c) being ready to invite their friends to church activities, d) being equipped to speak confidently about their faith, and, e) developing a Christian world view.
Goals of this position:
- Strengthen the Christian maturity of the existing church youth (about 7-10 in Secondary).
- Grow the existing youth in weekly Sunday morning attendance, while always recognising any growth comes from God.
- Youth will have be equipped for & encouraged into having daily quiet times with age appropriate notes and Bibles.
- All members will have been equipped for & encouraged into praying with other Christians.
- All members will be equipped and encouraged into praying for their friends to come to faith, and taking positive steps in that process, including being taught how to clearly explain the gospel.
- Youth to be encouraged and trained in leadership.
- Teaching SRE at Coogee Public on Wednesday mornings during school term.
Strategies to reach the Goals would include:
- Ministry to be based upon prayer.
- To run a Sunday morning youth program accompanying Sunday church.
- To identify and encourage volunteer leaders and helpers.
- Plan and start a mid week of Sunday activity for Upper Primary.
Personal qualities of the successful applicant:
Desired spiritual gifts
- Leadership &
Skills, interests & qualifications -
- Prayerful & Biblically formed life, with an established faith in Jesus Christ.
- Passion to bring youth to faith in Jesus and to see them mature in Him through creative teaching.
- Be a member of this church community.
- Assent to the beliefs of the Anglican Church.
- Experience with working in the target age groups essential.
- A theological diploma or degree an advantage.
- 4 hours per week (Sunday morning 3hrs plus 1 hour preparation at home approx.).
- 4 hours per week to plan for and start an Upper Primary group either mid-week or Sunday afternoon group (2.5 hours preparation and 1.5 hours program, approx.)
- 4 hours for teaching two classes of school scripture, currently on Wednesday mornings (Lower and Upper Primary)
- Beginning Term 1, 2020
Length of assignment
- Until end 2021, with option to extend if agreeable to both parties, with 6 month probation period.
Above Diocesan levels for 2020
Please send CV to Rev Craig Segaert
123 Brook Street, Coogee, NSW, 2034