Children’s & Young Families Ministry Leader
Location: Coogee, NSW
Date advertised: 3rd December 2019
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 30th January 2020
- To coordinate, lead and grow Children’s ministry (preschool to year 6) through the following avenues -
- Sunday morning children’s ministry during our 9:30am church service;
- School scripture teaching Wednesday mornings;
- St. Nics’ Christian Preschool.
- To teach children from the Bible.
- To teach children to pray.
- To lead children in an age-appropriate manner to express faith in Christ.
- To grow the average numbers of children regularly attending Sunday service, as the Lord grants.
- To identify and engage volunteer leaders and helpers for this ministry.
Strategies & Responsibilities:
- Ministry to be based upon prayer.
- Sunday mornings - Approximate time allocation, including preparation is 5-6 hours per week.
- Lead all aspects of this ministry for teaching, programming, volunteer rosters, implementing, publicity, administration and reporting to the Rector.
- Arrange and implement teaching curriculum for each age group, in cooperation with Rector, including ordering materials, and record keeping or attendance and permission slips.
- Welcome families and children as they arrive at church;
- Setup and pack-up teaching spaces in cooperation with other teachers and helpers;
- Liaise with parents.
- School Scripture - Approximate time allocation, including preparation is 4-6 hours per week.
- Teach SRE at Coogee Public School, currently Wednesday mornings.
- School Scripture Coordinator
- St. Nics’ Christian Preschool - Approximate time allocation, including preparation is 10-12 hours per week.
- On Thursdays or Fridays spend time in our on-site preschool, teaching some Bible lessons, and building relationships with children and parents.
- Encourage children into Bible reading and prayer at home through the provision of appropriate resources.
Desired spiritual gifts:
Skills and interests:
- Prayerful & Biblically formed life, with an established faith in Jesus Christ.
- A strong desire & ability to teach children from the Bible about faith in Jesus.
- Ability to lead through organising and administering the ministry, including motivating and managing volunteers.
- Ability to relate to parents.
- Be a member of this church community.
- Assent to the beliefs of the Anglican Church.
- Experience with this age group.
- Diploma in children’s ministry.
- Opportunities for training courses through Anglican Youthworks will be given.
- Current Working With Children Check for paid employment.
- Archbishop’s Authority
- As above, total 24 hours per week spread over Wednesday and Sunday and one other day or two half days;
- Training courses as agreed from time to time.
Length of assignment:
- For 24 months with the option to extend.
- Commencement February 2020.
Training and development:
- Child Protection training.
- Regular meetings with Rector, then reviews of program each term.
- Above Diocesan Standards.
- 24 per week
Please send CV to Rev Craig Segaert
123 Brook Street, Coogee