Church Administration & Operations Officer
Location: Fairfield, NSW
Date advertised: 4th December 2018
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: ASAP
St Barnabas Anglican Church in Fairfield and Bossley Park is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic administrator to work 3 days per week or equivalent.
St Barnabas is "A Church for All Nations"—a diverse multicultural community comprising four congregations in two main centres. Our goal is to see people Gather under God’s Word through the gospel, Grow in maturity in Christ, and Go as Christ’s witnesses in word and action.
The successful applicant's responsibilities may include:
- Communication: Handle church mail, email and phone, assist with church website and social media
- General administration: Edit and print documents, maintain equipment and supplies, order merchandise, maintain calendars and rosters, coordinate volunteers
- Parish records: Administer church records and official documents, update the church database system
- Events: Coordinate logistics for church events
- Bookkeeping: Reconcile accounts, update the general ledger, assist with payroll
Reporting to the Minister and Wardens, the successful candidate will be a person of Christian faith and lifestyle, with a warm, friendly manner and good interpersonal skills.
They will be able to work independently and take initiative when not under close supervision. They will have an eye for detail, and will be able to cope with change and the unexpected.
They will have good skills with computers, especially with creating and editing documents. Experience with bookkeeping is preferred.
For a more detailed position description or to submit an application, contact Stephen Shead on email@example.com
Applications should include your CV, contact details for two referees (one of these being your present pastor), and a 1-page cover letter explaining why you would like to take up this position.