Location: Campbelltown, NSW
Date advertised: 5th December 2021
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: ASAP
The Campbelltown Anglican Churches are a part of the fast growing south-west Sydney growth corridor.
As we seek to reach this large and growing area for Jesus we are looking for a Pastor to oversee our Youth and Children's Ministry portfolio across two sites and to join our existing team of ministry staff.
The ideal candidate ministry worker for this role has:
- a godly character and commitment to serving Jesus!
- a passion for children of all ages to know the Lord and a preference for a long term investment in this ministry area
- significantly invested in theological training (eg. a 3+ year theological degree, Youthworks college etc) and has the ability to think theologically about ministry to children at all ages and stages
- a minimum of 3 years experience in Kids and Youth ministry (either as a volunteer or paid worker). However, this role may be ideal for someone as their second (or subsequent) full time role in the Kids and Youth area.
- a desire to raise up, train and invest in leaders and the long term children's and youth leadership pipeline at our church
- an ability to think strategically and to plan for long term growth in the Kids and Youth area so as to see children discipled well from very young through until they are well established in church life as adults and ministry leaders
- an enthusiasm to embrace the opportunities and complexitiy that comes with a multi-site Parish; a Parish that has Parochial school partnerships along with several local public schools; and with a socially and culturally diverse population.
- an ability to work within a ministry team context.
- The ability to relate well with parents to encourage and equip them in their primary discipleship role of their children
We would highly value someone who is ordained as a Deacon (or seeking ordination), who is familiar with the existing Children's and Youth ministry networks in the Sydney context and has a familiarity with Sydney Anglican Safe Ministry practices.
We believe this is an exciting gospel opportunity for the right person to lead a ministry in an important growth area in Sydney and to be a part of a great Church and ministry team.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Expressions of interest for this position should be directed to the senior minister, Jason Veitch, via email to email@example.com or phone to 0401 998 448.