Location: Baulkham Hills, NSW
Date advertised: 10th December 2021
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 15 January 2022
At Norwest Anglican we long to see Jesus as King of every heart and every home.
Norwest is a vibrant and growing evangelical church in Sydney’s North-West. In God’s kindness, over the last decade we have seen remarkable growth. More than 700 adults, youth and children attend our Sunday ministries (across 5 services). During this time, our Sunday Kids Church has grown from 40 kids at one service to 180 across four services. Our Friday afternoon Kids Ministry program attracts 40 kids from Years 3-5. We believe these ministries have the potential to see further significant growth.
We are seeking a passionate and humble Director of Family Ministries to join our team and lead this ministry across the church. The Director will be a strong leader and an advocate for kids and families across Norwest Ministries, ensuring that events, services and ministry decisions are executed in a way that cares for and disciples families in the life of the church.
Kids & Family Ministry
- Oversight of the ministry teams who run Kids Church at 4 of our 5 Sunday services.
- Recruit, train and coach kids ministry leaders. This includes assisting the Youth Pastor in the recruitment and training of youth aged leaders in our Kids Helper program.
- Ensure that kids ministry operation, administration and communication is to a high standard.
- Work closely with multiple levels of leaders to ensure leadership teams are functional, enjoyable and effective ministry environments.
- Oversee the onboarding of new leaders into the Safe Ministry systems across the church
- Be the expert on staff for Safe Ministry standards and how they apply to Norwest ministries and events
The successful candidate will:
- Have a deep love for God, a whole-hearted desire to live for and serve the Lord Jesus Christ and a have a growing relationship with Him
- Become a member of Norwest Anglican Church, committed to both a congregation and a Community Group.
- Have a highly collegiate working style, reflected in their interactions with staff and lay leaders.
- Have a clear passion and gift for imparting the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Work happily under the direction of the senior leadership, as well as work autonomously and make decisions within the scope of the role.
- Understand child protection issues and be fully committed to the safety of all young people in our care.
- Be passionate about introducing both individuals and families to Jesus and seeing them grow in their knowledge and love of Him.
- Understand that a life in church leadership is a call to live a life beyond reproach and one where we model godliness through every aspect of what we say, how we act and who we are.
- Be committed to the Norwest Anglican Vision and Values.
Qualifications and Experience
Experience in leading large teams, and coaching leaders who lead other leaders.
Initially the successful candidate will be replacing an existing role. However, there is potential for the person to grow into a more senior role within the Norwest staff team in the future. We are open to discussing this and the level of theological qualification required with any applicant.
A Safe Ministry check, and a completed Safe Ministry Training certificate from the Professional Standards Unit of the Anglican Diocese of Sydney will be required before commencement and must be maintained as current at all times.
The successful candidate must hold and maintain at all times a current New South Wales Working with Children Check (WWCC).
If you are interested to apply, please email your CV The Rev. James Lewis, Senior Assistant Minister or call 9686 1368 for more information.