Location: Normanhurst, NSW
Date advertised: 9th December 2020
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 20 January 2021
St Stephen’s Anglican Church in Normanhurst is a vibrant church community with five growing congregations and a range of exciting ministries developing across all ages. We are looking for someone to lead and develop the Parishes’ ministries to our beloved senior church members. This is a 2 day per week part-time paid position.
You will be a committed evangelical Christian, a humble leader, pastorally warm, hardworking, with a passion for and experience in parish ministry with an emphasis on pastoral care.
The role includes:
- Responsibility for developing and implementing strategies and plans for the spiritual and physical wellbeing of the Parishes’ senior members. This will involve the visitation and spiritual nurture of seniors who are sick, shut in or in need of encouragement.
- Assisting the Rector in Sunday services (particularly the 8am and 10am congregations). This will involve regular leading and preaching at these services, and occasionally at others.
- Giving shape and direction to the range of parish ministries that have developed to support and encourage senior members (including fellowship and bible study groups).
- A broader responsibility across the Parish to develop, train and coordinate effective teams of pastoral care for all ages.
- Working with a capable and committed ministry team to develop other ministry initiatives as the needs and opportunities of the Parish develop.
Ordination and previous experience in Senior’s Ministry in a Parish context is preferable.
Commencing at 2 days per week, there is scope for the role to grow by mutual agreement. Commencement date will be as soon as a suitable candidate is available in 2021.
Applicants must be Australian permanent residents or citizens.
Please apply by sending your expression of interest, including CV and the names of at least two referees to Rev Baden Stace (Senior Minister) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9487 3730 if you would like more information.