Location: Cobbitty, NSW
Date advertised: 4th February 2019
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: Monday 1 July 2019
The Headmaster is seeking to appoint an appropriately qualified and experienced Anglican Clergy to this full time permanent position.
The Chaplain is a member of the Headmaster’s Executive and part of the teaching staff with teaching responsibilities.
Candidates for this role will be required to:
• be an ordained Anglican Clergy able to be licensed by the Archbishop of Sydney;
• have a teaching qualification and be able to gain or maintain NESA registration;
• have prior experience working in schools either as a Chaplain or as a teacher,
• demonstrate an ability to understand and communicate with children and young people in a variety of forums, including services of Christian worship;
• have outstanding interpersonal, communication and organisational skills;
• organise, lead and attend several outreach trips and overnight camps; and,
• above all, demonstrate a passion to see children and young people come to and grow in their faith.
The successful candidate will also need to demonstrate a desire to contribute to the co-curricular programme of the School.
Applications for this position will only be accepted via the Teaching Staff Online Application Form. In addition, candidates are required to upload a covering letter, a Curriculum Vitae, academic transcript and a recent photograph. The covering letter should be directed to Dr David Nockles, Headmaster.
Links to the online application form and document uploads are available by visiting the employment page of the School website at www.macarthur.nsw.edu.au