Location: Ulverstone, TAS
Date advertised: 20th December 2021
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 31 January 2022
Our Vision: A church for Ulverstone, making disciples of Jesus.
The Anglican Parish of Ulverstone may be described as an evangelical parish and is located approximately 1 hr 15 mins west of Launceston; 15 mins west of Devonport; 20 mins east of Burnie.
We have two Sunday morning services. One is a more traditional Anglican expression and the second seeks to be a livelier and more contemporary alternative.
A mid-week communion service is proving popular and there are monthly communion services at both of the aged care facilities.
The parish conducts a mentoring program in the local primary school and has a Mainly Music program that attracts parents and their children from the general community.
We would like a Rector who can creatively and energetically lead us in making our vision a reality and in reaching Ulverstone for Jesus. We need someone who will see what we can become, under God, as well as what we currently are.
The gifts needed will include:
- Preaching and teaching
- Ability to lead our vision to make disciples
- Able to lead a small staff team and equip volunteers
- Work with others to build outreach to children, families and young people
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Able to continue to disciple, grow and love existing church members
Bishop Richard Condie, the current Bishop, wants making disciples of Jesus to be at the core of everything we do. He also highly values training and support for church leaders – this includes each ministry leader in the Diocese having a coach/mentor, being in a cohort with others at the same life/ministry stage, and money and time given from the parish for professional development each year.
The current group of clergy/ministry leaders (about 80 in total) meet together twice a year and are highly supportive of each other in gospel partnership.
Find out more at the Anglican Diocese of Tasmania website.
- Information about stipends and allowances in the Diocese is found here
- Housing or a housing allowance will be provided
- Appointment will be subject to fulfilling Safe Church Communities requirements, including a Tasmanian Working with Vulnerable People Card and completion of a satisfactory Safe Ministry Screening Check.
Please send applications including a resume, a response to this parish profile, and 2-3 referees to email@example.com by 31 January 2022.
For further information, please contact Mr James Oakley, Diocesan Registrar, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on (03) 6220 2019.