Location: Sydney CBD, NSW
Date advertised: 22nd December 2020
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 27th January 2020
- High level secretarial and administrative role
- Make a significant contribution to the work of the Sydney Diocese and the effective operation of its committees
- CBD-based Christian professional services organisation, with flexible work practices
Sydney Diocesan Services (SDS) is committed to supporting the building of God’s Kingdom through the provision of a range of valued services to organisations and churches in the Anglican Church Diocese of Sydney.
The Diocesan & Corporate Services team is the centre of SDS’s support for the Synod and its network of committees, boards and councils, providing Corporate Secretarial services to Diocesan corporations and various functions in support of parishes in the Diocese.
About the Role
You will be responsible for supporting the Head of Diocesan & Corporate Services and the Corporate Secretary in facilitating the work and decision-making of the Synod, the Standing Committee and various subcommittees and corporations of the Diocese. Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing administrative and secretarial services to the Synod and the Standing Committee.
- Providing secretarial support to subcommittees of the Standing Committee, and other committees and corporations from time to time, ensuring they operate effectively and efficiently.
- Administering elections conducted by the Synod and the Standing Committee in accordance with their ordinances and requirements.
The successful applicant will have a minimum 5 years’ experience in a professional environment (supported by university-level qualifications). Attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Applicants should also demonstrate excellent organisation skills, ability to perform under pressure, ability to establish strong relationships with key stakeholders, and a proactive attitude. Knowledge and understanding of contemporary governance practices and/or experience supporting boards and committees will be highly regarded, though not essential.
Consistent with the ethos and values of SDS, applicants for the position should have a demonstrated Christian commitment. Being an active member of an Anglican church in the Diocese is an advantage.
SDS’s values underpin the way we work and we offer professional development opportunities, flexible work practices, and an Employee Recognition Program.
Apply now with a covering letter and resume to email@example.com
Please call Briony Bounds, Corporate Secretary on 9265 1564 for the Position Description or with any inquiries.
Please note that, due to the holiday period, applications for this role will be accepted until 27 January 2021, and the selection process will commence thereafter.