Chief Executive Officer
Location: Tamborine Mountain, QLD
Date advertised: 4th January 2019
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 3rd March 2019
About Mount Tamborine Convention (MTC)
We are a theologically conservative evangelical organisation who look to the Bible alone on all matters of faith and practise. MTC is a Christian incorporated not-for-profit basic charity whose major focus is the running of quality Bible Teaching Conventions.
The MTC mission is to facilitate opportunities for life-changing encounters with the living God of the Bible. Each of our conferences have a target audience, whether seniors, youth, families, leaders or interest groups.
The aim of MTC is to support churches in the Biblical equipping of believers in Christ, encourage support of overseas mission and foster unity in the body of Christ. In addition to MTC conferences, MTC welcomes and administers bookings of various campsite facilities for church, para-church, schools and other community groups.
Mount Tamborine Convention (MTC) is looking for a leader who has a vital relationship with Christ, a Kingdom focus and strong Christion character. The MTC Board views the position as a calling to ministry by Christ.
The CEO will demonstrate business acumen and be experienced in Christian ministry contexts that involve both paid and volunteer personnel. The CEO will lead the implementation of a strategic plan that enables MTC to achieve its mission to transform lives through the Gospel of Christ and its vision to produce effective Bible teaching conferences, mission supporting members, camping programs and community engagement. Creating and maintaining a culture rich with Biblical values and mutual co-operation is an essential aspect of the role.
As an ex-officio member of the MTC Board the CEO will effectively lead a strategic planning process to implement the Board’s strategic intent for the organisation. The desired appointment will be proficient in leading a team of paid and volunteer staff to utilise their collective talents to achieve MTC’s strategic objectives. Experience in the camping, conferencing, accommodation and hospitality industry/ies is preferred but not mandatory.
The appointed CEO will:
- Report directly to the MTC Board through the Chair and support the Board in developing its Strategic Plan to achieve the MTC mission, vision and core values.
- Articulate and role-model the mission and core values that underpin a diverse Bible-based Christian ministry. Assume the role of spokesperson for MTC and promote and grow the ministry.
- Foster a culture of ethical behaviour in speech and action.
- Formulate, communicate and effectively lead the implementation of a strategic plan developed from the organisations’ mission, vision and goals.
- Ensure a staff annual action plan and corresponding budget is in place allocating necessary resources to achieve the board’s strategic plan and goals.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Mount Tamborine Conference Centre (MTCC) through the staff team.
- Possess effective relevant business experience, ideally including not-for-profit and volunteer organisations.
- Be familiar with MYOB AccountRight and Microsoft Office skills.
- Be accountable for the management of employed staff ensuring all statutory and regulatory obligations are met along with MTC’s policies and procedures.
- Empower staff to contribute to MTC goals and enable effective communication between the Board and management.
- Be able to manage across broad Christian ministry contexts involving cultures, conferences, accommodation offerings, activities, products, technologies, customers, volunteers, partners and operations.
- Negotiate effectively with different stakeholders who exhibit varying levels of commitment to MTC.
- Ensure the delivery of exceptional service to the volunteer membership, associates and contacts.
- Continually promote both safety and quality improvement.
Applications including your CV should be directed to John at: email@example.com.
In your cover letter, applicants should address your skills, abilities and aptitude for the role as per the role description and how these would translate to the CEO role at MTC.
NOTE: The successful applicant will be required to possess a Blue Card; have a National Police Record Check and agree with MTC’s statements as per the MTCC website. https://www.mtcc.org.au/statements/