Kids & Youth Pastor
Location: Forster, NSW
Date advertised: 11th February 2019
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: June 30 2019
- CoastEC is an independent evangelical church in Forster, planted in 2009. We're also a member church of the FIEC.
- Over the last 10 years we have seen steady growth across our Sunday gatherings and our Kids & Youth ministries.
- Our desire is to reach as many of the 25,000 people living in our region with the gospel as possible.
- In 2018, we started a new congregation at Hallidays Point, and God willing we'll plant an independent church in Taree in late 2020.
- We're structured and staffed around Purpose Areas (M's) and Focus Areas (Team Pastoring model).
Overview of the role
- We're seeking to appoint a godly and gifted Pastor to oversee our Kids and Youth Ministries
- Our desire is to see the next generation meeting Jesus, growing to Maturity, serving in Ministry, living on Mission, and connecting as Members in our local church.
- The Kids & Youth Pastor will take responsibility for shaping our strategy and leading teams of volunteers to reach as many of the 1600 primary and 1900 high school students and their families in our region with the gospel as possible.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Grow as a disciple of Jesus and help others grow as disciples
- Uphold, model and teach the Beliefs, Values and Culture of the church
- Focus the Vision and Strategic priorities of the church by applying them to our Kids and Youth Ministries
- Recruit, train and oversee a growing number of volunteer leaders, team leaders (drivers) and helpers (and build amongst them a culture of love, support and encouragement)
- Partner with parents to make godly and mature disciples of their children by envisioning and resourcing them
- Envision and equip kids to serve others with their gifts, and to reach out to their mates
- Oversee all our Kids and Youth programs, pathways and systems - making them more effective, and/or developing new initiatives as necessary
- Effectively manage church resources by operating within the Kids and Youth ministry budgets
- Develop the specific skills essential for leading this ministry
For more info:
If you'd like to express your interest, please fill out this form
or contact Chris Ekins on 0434 199 553 or firstname.lastname@example.org