Location: Lavender Bay, NSW
Date advertised: 8th February 2021
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 14th March 2021
Christ Church Lavender Bay is a growing body of believers in Jesus as Lord and Saviour situated on the Lower North Shore of Sydney Harbour. Our mission is to: 1. Know God’s Love for us in Jesus through the bible, 2. Grow God’s Love as we build up the body of Christ and 3. Show God’s Love to our community, nation and world by proclaiming Jesus as Lord and Saviour.
Reports to: The Senior Minister
Direct Reports: Volunteer support staff
PURPOSE AND GENERAL DESCRIPTION
The Church Administrator will be an active disciple of Jesus and committed to multiplying the effectiveness of our mission through administrative support to the Senior Minister, staff, ministry leaders and wardens of the church.
The Church Administrator is a developing part-time role (20 hrs/wk) with the purpose of ensuring the efficient, effective and ethical management of increasing administrative and organisational matters in the life of our growing church. The Administrator reports to the Senior Minister, with direction also given by the church wardens and treasurer.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
Administration, Ministry Support and Communications
- Ensuring clear, timely and effective communication in the church e.g. bulletins, flyers/promotions, announcements, eNews, Annual Report.
- Responding to general enquiries via phone, email, social media and in person.
- Attending Parish Council and committee meetings as necessary or appropriate.
- Managing the church rosters, calendar and bookings
- Acting as the church social media & web master, ensuring content is appropriate and current
- Providing administrative support to the pastoral team.
- Managing other church records and archives (e.g. membership and baptism records, privacy forms, Safe Church records)
- Manage invoices, receipts, book keeping, payroll & BAS
- Providing a presence at the church to answer inquiries and welcome visitors.
- Manage the maintenance of Church property including managing relationships with contractors (e.g. tradespeople, cleaners)
- Co-ordinate support for IT issues and church wide applications, including systems for records and documentation, telecommunications & Security Equipment/Systems.
- Managing procurement of goods and services.
- Managing external church enquiries, bookings, and documentation for weddings, baptisms, funerals and third party users.
REQUIREMENTS ESSENTIAL FOR THE ROLE
- Committed disciple of Jesus
- Theologically aligned with CCLB’s mission, vision and values
- Highly developed administrative and time management skills, self-motivated with the ability to work independently, multitask and balance competing priorities.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Friendly and professional presence, including capacity for discretion and privacy
- Book keeping and payroll skills with intermediate to advanced MYOB abilities
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint), and Google Suite skills
- Holds a valid entitlement to work in Australia
- Holds a satisfactory Federal Police Check and a current Working With Children Check clearance
- Assent and adherence to “Faithfulness in Service” code of conduct for church workers.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Qualifications or experience in a corporate, administrative or communications background
- Website (Weebly) and Database (Elvanto) maintenance & development skills
- Skills in video editing, production equipment including audio, lighting and live-streaming equipment.
- Skills in marketing and social media engagement.
- Willingness to be an active member of a Christ Church Lavender Bay congregation
- Permanent parttime 20 hours per week.
- Based in church premises, with some flexibility to work from home.
- Skill level and renumeration based on Level 3 or 4 of Clerks – Private Sector Award 2020 (Above award renumeration for suitable person)
- Further details on the role can be obtained by contacting the Senior Minister at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0437 150 100
- A written application may be sent to Rev. Lachlan Edwards, Senior Minister at email@example.com which address each of the above criteria.
- Applications close at 5pm Sunday 14th March