Location: Coogee, NSW
Date advertised: 11th February 2019
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 28/2/2019
Position: Special Religious Education (SRE) Teacher, Coogee Public School
- To teach school scripture at Coogee Public School.
- To teach the children how to pray.
- Within the scope of the curriculum, to encourage the children to draw closer to Jesus by faith.
- When appropriate, encourage the children to connect with their local church (St. Nic’s if they live in Coogee).
- Ministry to be based upon profound prayer.
- To teach the nominated Kindergarten and Year 2 Primary classes.
- To only use the authorised Anglican Diocese SRE curriculum “Connect.”
Desired spiritual gifts: Teaching, Evangelism.
Skills and interests:
- Prayerful & Biblically formed life, with an established faith in Jesus Christ.
- Desire to impart knowledge about Jesus and the Bible to young people.
- Assent to the beliefs of the Anglican Church regarding child baptism.
- General Bible knowledge.
- Safe Ministry Training completed.
- WWCC clearance.
- SRE Engagement form completed.
- SRE Accreditation training completed.
- Children within the nominated Anglican Scripture classes.
- The Rector, Rev. Craig Segaert
Works closely with:
- Other teachers of Anglican SRE.
- Assistant Principals at Coogee Public School.
- Arrival on site at CPS ready for teaching times, currently Wednesday mornings
- Infants - 11:30 - 12:00 midday.
- Primary - 12:05-12:35 pm
- Associated lesson preparation time (estimated about 2 hours)
- Regular debriefing with Rector after lessons.
Length of assignment:
- Commencing Term 1 2019.
- Ongoing after probation period.
Training and development:
- Lesson appraisal.
- $104 per week for two lessons.
To, apply, please email your CV including qualificiations to Rev. Craig Segaert at email@example.com