Location: Lavender Bay, NSW
Date advertised: 9th February 2021
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 14th March 2021
Christ Church Lavender Bay is a growing body of believers in Jesus as Lord and Saviour situated on the Lower North Shore of Sydney Harbour.
Our mission is to: 1. Know God’s Love for us in Jesus through the bible, 2. Grow God’s Love as we build up the body of Christ and 3. Show God’s Love to our community, nation and world by proclaiming Jesus as Lord and Saviour.
Reports to: The Senior Minister
PURPOSE AND GENERAL DESCRIPTION
The Assistant Minister will be an active disciple of Jesus and committed to multiplying the effectiveness of our mission of Christ Church Lavender Bay
The Assistant Minister position is a developing part-time role assisting the Senior Minister in all aspects of Parish Ministry, with specific responsibility for developing all aspects of the new evening church service, and expanding our ministry to families and young adults
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Senior Minister in all areas of the church mission across all demographics.
- Oversight of the recently launched 5pm Sunday Gathering Service including
- Vision setting and casting (in consultation with the Senior Minister, aligned with Church Mission)
- Developing achievable and sustainable goals for the development of the service aligned with Church Mission
- Preaching in team rotation (also includes 10am service)
- Evangelism and Outreach leadership and discipling
- Following up new contacts
- Pastoral Care
- Discipling, training and equipping volunteers and staff
- Oversight of rostering
- Integration of Children’s & Youth Ministries into the service (with the Children’s & Youth Minister)
- Assisting in development of the wedding ministry as an outreach activity of the church.
- Preparation and follow up of wedding couples
- Conducting wedding services
REQUIREMENTS ESSENTIAL FOR THE ROLE
- Committed disciple of Jesus
- Theologically aligned with CCLB’s mission, vision and values
- Able to be licenced/authorised in the Sydney Anglican Diocese
- Highly developed administrative and time management skills, self-motivated with the ability to work independently, multitask and balance competing priorities.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Friendly and professional presence, including capacity for discretion and privacy
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Theologically trained or training to minimum of degree level.
- Ordained as deacon or presbyter
- 1-3 years experience in parish ministry
- Licenced wedding celebrant
- Skills in running PREPARE/ENRICH facilitation
- Permanent part-time (2 days with potential for expansion)
- Based in church premises, with some flexibility to work from home.
- Remuneration as per Sydney Diocese guidelines
HOW TO APPLY
- Further details on the role can be obtained by contacting the Senior Minister at email@example.com or 0437 150 100
- A written application may be sent to Rev. Lachlan Edwards, Senior Minister at firstname.lastname@example.org which address each of the above criteria.
- Applications close at 5pm Sunday 14th March