Children’s Youth and Families Minister (2 days per week)
Location: Vincentia, NSW
Date advertised: 10th February 2020
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 2 March 2020
Jervis Bay Anglican Church
Children’s Youth and Families Minister (Part Time 2 days/wk)
About our Church
Jervis Bay Anglican is a reformed evangelical church of the Sydney Diocese on the beautiful Shoalhaven South Coast.
We are looking for a person who will help us disciple and grow our children’s/youth and family ministry. Our family church meets at Vincentia Public School Hall.
Our vision is: to see Christ’s church built by proclaiming his Word.
We are growing followers of Jesus Christ.
Our purpose is to:
- Honour the Lord Jesus Christ
- Grow in Christian maturity
- Serve others in love
- Proclaim Jesus to the World
About the Role (Job Description)
We are seeking to employ a part-time children’s/youth and families minister initially for up to 2 days per week (including Sundays). Commencement and hours are negotiable.
This is a key ministry position in the fulfilment of our church’s mission strategy.
We are seeking to disciple the children/youth in our Church family.
We also want to reach out to families in our our community and connect them to our church.
We are looking for a person with a passion for sharing Jesus with children/youth and families and helping them grow in Christ.
What do we bring to the table?
- The nicest families and children anywhere in Australia (biased?)
- Lots of young people – five local primary schools plus a large (> 1,000 students) local high school.
- An established church family who wants to see you succeed.
- A picturesque setting in which to further the Good News of Jesus.
(The extent of the role is negotiable depending on the hours employed).
- Oversee our children’s/youth /families ministry.
- Co-ordinate and be part of the team for our 10am Sunday church children’s / youth programme.
- Strengthen our families ministry by getting alongside the families in our church, supporting and encouraging them.
- Integrate new families into our church family.
- Recruit and train volunteer children’s/youth ministry leaders.
- Connect with families in the area.
- A servant hearted follower of Jesus.
- A godly, generous character with active prayer life.
- Someone who is creative and easy-going.
- Has Christian commitment with reformed evangelical convictions.
- A passion for kids, youth and families ministry.
- A heart for evangelism and commitment to seeing lives changed by the gospel.
- Will uphold the traditional biblical teaching on the nature of marriage between a man and a woman and encourage parents to raise their children in the knowledge and love of God in Christ.
- Have or willing to work towards a theological qualification eg PTC
- Ability to motivate and work with volunteers.
- Good communication, relational and administration skills.
How to Apply:
For more information about the position or the church, please don't hesitate to contact Ray Goldman by email email@example.com or phone 02 4441 5755.
To apply, please email a CV outlining your ministry experience, and 2 references (including the minister of your current church) to Ray Goldman. Your application should address the selection criteria listed in the position description and include current qualifications, relevant professional experience and Christian ministry involvement.
Huskisson Anglican Parish is committed to participating in the NSW Working with Children Checks program, and successful applicants must have a valid Working with Children Check number for paid employment before an offer of employment can be made. Persons who are ineligible need not apply. Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.