Location: Pittwater, NSW
Date advertised: 5th January 2023
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 27 January 2023
The Parishes of Mona Vale Anglican and Barrenjoey Anglican have decided to amalgamate, as both Parishes are convinced that we can be more effective being together in bringing the good news of Jesus into our local communities and seeing people come to faith in Him.
Our church amalgamation creates an opportunity to employ a full-time (preferably) Senior Office Manager to be part of our local church family and to play a pivotal role in the execution of the Great Commission.
We have been doing God’s work in the community for over 150 years and are part of the Anglican Diocese of Sydney. We have a Rector, a Senior Assistant Minister and are recruiting a Youth Minister and a Children’s Minister. We are well supported by two part-time assistant ministers, key lay ministry leaders and volunteers from within our church family. Our current website links are https://www.monavaleanglican.com.au & http://barrenjoey.church
About the role
You will enable the ministry teams to focus on ministry work within the church family and the community by being responsible for the management of the Parish Office and its processes, infrastructure, and environment. Specific responsibilities include:
- Management of the Ministers’ administration support (incl. provision of administrative management to the Ministers and setting up of the weekly services to ensure they run effectively)
- Management of the Parish’s governance, compliance and risk (incl. diocesan obligations, legal obligations, governance committee support, OH&S etc.)
- Management of the Parish’s data and database
- Management the Parish’s website, communication, marketing activities and events
- Management the Parish’s general office duties (including interacting with visitors, taking calls, liaising with trade and professional services providers and other general operational duties)
Remuneration: $50,000 to $60,000 p.a. plus superannuation.
You will be an empathetic, caring and reliable person that is proactive and excels with minimum supervision. You will be a highly organised person that loves attention to detail and approaching tasks in a methodical and disciplined manner. You thrive in working in a team and with people. You will be able to be obtain a reference letter by your pastor.
Your experience, skills and education/training
- You will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar roles and/or in roles that you will demonstrate have developed the skills required to be successful in this role
- You will demonstrate excellent organisation skills and/or project management skills, the ability to establish strong relationships with key stakeholders, and a proactive attitude.
- Attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- You will be competent in the use of office software (Word, excel, powerpoint)
- You will either be competent at or have the aptitude to become competent at other software used by the Parish (eg Proclaim, Elvanto, social media platforms and the website tools).
- A Certificate III or Cert IV in Business or Business Administration (or equivalent) will be desirable
Please contact Mark Corbett-Jones, Office Administrator, on tel. 02 9999 2062, or email your application cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorised only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.