Location: Loftus, NSW
Date advertised: 16th February 2021
Job Type: Part time, Temporary/Contract
Closing Date: As soon as the position is filled
Youthworks is seeking a Caterer to join our Year 13 team. The Year 13 program is a yearlong discipleship program for all Christian school leavers. It consists of three core elements: classroom learning; an internship with a local church; and a month-long mission trip to Fiji. This program provides theoretical, relational, and practical leaning in order to equip young people for a lifetime of following Jesus and serving others.
About the role
The purpose of this position is to oversee and have responsibility for all catering operations, including but not limited to food service, menu planning and HACCP compliance; to ensure quality service from start to finish.
- Prepare ingredients / food for cooking and service
- Menu planning and product development as required including but not limited to well-balanced menus, group suitable menus, menu development within budgetary guidelines, and formulating and testing new menu items and recipes
- Manage special dietary needs as per Youthworks’ policy and process
- Manage high quality catering service that achieves a pleasant experience for all and promotes Youthworks in a positive way
- Potential off-site catering for special days and events and occasional training weeks
You will need to demonstrate
- Catering / cooking qualifications OR appropriate experience and willingness to attain relevant qualifications
- Proven knowledge of Industry and Safety Standards
- Applied knowledge of special dietary needs
- Experience with managing budgets
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and to be flexible to reflect changes in priority
- A systematic and focused approach to tasks with a strong attention to detail
- An ability to work with a wide range of staff to achieve effective outcomes
- Strong work ethos
A personal Christian faith & willingness to participate in staff devotions, and Hep C & Hep B Immunisations is desirable but not essential.
The contracted period will include up to 9 weeks of leave without pay – semester and term breaks.
Additional hours and days may be required – please read the position description for details.
Evening and or weekend work may be involved.
The position may extend into 2022, dependant on student numbers.
Applications cannot be processed until a completed application form is submitted.
Please go to our website below for the position description and information on how to apply including our application form.
Youthworks is committed to participating in the NSW Working with Children Check program, and successful applicants must have a valid Working with Children Check ID number for paid employment before an offer of employment can be made. Persons who are ineligible need not apply.
General enquiries can be directed to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org