Location: Marrickville, NSW
Date advertised: 17th February 2023
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: ASAP
At Marrickville Road Church our vision is to Impact people for Jesus in Marrickville and beyond. Our church is praying for a faithful administrator to join our staff team up to 2 days a week, to support us in our ministry to the church and the local community.
We are looking for an organised and tech-savvy Christian to help us plan and run church activities. You will be an integral part of our staff team, and your role will be to support our church by managing volunteer rosters, keeping our filing systems in order, sending out church communications, looking after our website, and preparing materials needed for the Sunday gathering each week.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Attend and contribute to staff planning meetings each Monday. This includes taking minutes, managing actions and following up with staff and service providers.
- Manage our rostering system - including preparing run sheets for Sundays and proactively rostering and following up with volunteers to serve.
- Creating regular church communications - including producing monthly email newsletters (via Mailchimp), preparing slides for Sundays, setting up event registration pages, managing our website, managing our Youtube channel for special live events, and occasionally formatting documents.
- Owning and managing the MRC church calendar, including major events and preaching schedule.
- File & Database management - including keeping our subscriptions, files and records organised.
- Managing hall hirers by taking bookings, drafting contracts, sending invoices and liaising with tenants.
- Responding to general enquiries that come to us via email, website and socials.
Attributes we are looking for in applicants:
- Someone who has a personal relationship with Jesus, and is committed to MRC’s vision and beliefs. We’d ideally be looking for someone who is willing to join our church and attend on Sundays.
- Someone who is highly organised - you will be helping us plan ahead, keeping track of rosters, calendars, events, service providers, and making sure our office runs smoothly.
- Strong written communication skills - you will be taking notes, writing bulletins and answering enquiries via email often.
- Proficient computer skills - experience, or an ability to learn Google Drive, Squarespace, Planning Centre, Mail Chimp, Gmail and Pro Presenter.
- Excellent people and administration skills - ability to engage appropriately with church volunteers, hall hirers, contractors and anyone else who comes through our door.
Start date: March 2023 (negotiatble). The position is 2 days per week, depending on the skills and availability of the applicant.
Please feel free to contact Ross Ciano on 0449 111 780 or email@example.com for more information about the job, or send us your resume to get the conversation started.
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorised only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.