Location: Sydney CBD
Date advertised: 19th February 2019
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: ASAP
- Part-time, 3 days
Do you have editing and writing skills with a passion for cross-cultural mission?
CMS (the Church Missionary Society of Australia) is a fellowship of Christian people committed to cross-cultural mission. CMS works in partnership with local churches to set apart long-term workers who cross cultures to share the gospel of Jesus Christ.
CMS Australia is currently seeking a communications assistant to work in the Sydney CBD office. The successful candidate will work closely with the Communications Team producing print and digital publications that engage members and supporters of CMS.
Skills & Attributes
- Commitment to the Christian vision and values of CMS
- A sharp eye for detail with experience in editing and proofreading publications.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with ability to write, edit, and relate to diverse audiences using a variety of media
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or experience in journalism and/or written communications (especially in the publishing area)
- Helpful, friendly and professional customer service skills with good problem-solving ability and willingness to be flexible
- Organised, with ability to manage multiple deadlines and work under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and independently, with minimal supervision
- Experience with any of the following would be an advantage - Adobe InDesign, WordPress and social media.
For more details and a position description, go to www.cms.org.au/jobs/cmsa
Your application should include a covering letter addressing the above criteria, a résumé, at least three references including one from your church minister, and samples of recent work.
Send your application to:
The Communications Coordinator
PO Box 20095,
World Square NSW 2002