Location: North Sydney, NSW
Date advertised: 6th January 2023
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 6th February 2023
St Thomas’ Anglican Church North Sydney is seeking a person who loves the Lord Jesus, is convinced of the power, sufficiency and goodness of God’s word to save and mature his people, loves teaching SRE and is eager to help SRE students connect with the church community.
They will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the ministry of Scripture teaching at five local schools.
- Recruitment and training of SRE team leaders and teachers to teach.
- Teaching Scripture in each of those schools.
- Liaising with the SRE representatives at each of the schools.
- Helping students from these schools connect with the children’s and youth ministries of St Thomas’.
- Assisting existing ISCF groups, and starting new ISCF groups and SUPA clubs at the schools.
The person must have:
- A desire to listen to the Scriptures and be trained in the word of God in a Bible teaching team so that they can then teach others (2 Timothy 2:2).
- A Working With Children Check and appropriate Safe Ministry Training, as well as completion of the SRE training modules.
- Energy and initiative to try new things, as they think creatively about how to expand SRE in our schools and make it even better.
- An ability to work in a team.
- Experience in teaching SRE.
- An ability to recruit, train, delegate and oversee the SRE teachers.
It would be desirable for the person to have:
- Experience in overseeing SRE at a school.
- Theological education.
Applications to be received by 6th February.
For a copy of the position description or more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorised only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.