Library Technician (Maternity Leave Contract)
Location: Burwood, NSW
Date advertised: 1st March 2019
Job Type: Part time, Temporary/Contract
Closing Date: 26th April, 2019
Christ College is seeking a Library Technician to fulfil a 12-month fixed-term part-time (0.6 FTE) maternity leave contract.
The successful candidate will work on-site at Christ College in Burwood and working hours will be flexible by negotiation. Duties will commence in June, 2019.
The Library Technician reports directly to the Academic Dean for the duration of this 12-month contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day running of the library.
For a full job description, visit www.christcollege.edu.au/careers/
- Evidence of an active commitment to the mission, vision and values of Christ College;
- Highly developed relational skills;
- High levels of oral and written communication skills;
- High level of organisational ability;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to complete delegated tasks without supervision;
- Eye for detail and accuracy of work;
- Familiarity with relevant computer programs and internet-based technologies.
- Knowledge of theology and familiarity with the resources associated with the formal study of theology;
- Eligible for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) or be in the final stages of acquiring such membership;
- Ability to oversee and supervise others.
Applications and enquiries to the Principal, Dr Ian Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5pm on Friday 26th April, 2019.
Applications must include a cover letter, complete curriculum vitae showing relevant work experience, the names of two referees (one of whom should be a professional referee), and information about current church involvement.