Location: Sydney, NSW
Date advertised: 6th March 2023
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 3 April 2023
The Associate Minister will conduct a ministry of word and prayer, to see people introduced to the Lord Jesus and obeying him willingly, in a full-time role, as a key member of the pastoral team at St Andrew’s Cathedral.
St Andrew’s Cathedral is a strategic centre of gospel ministry to the people of the City of Sydney. It’s the central church of the Anglican Diocese of Sydney and the chapel of St Andrew’s Cathedral School. Public Christian church services are conducted on Sundays, many other days of the week, and on state occasions.
The Associate Minister must display mature evangelical Christian faith and be able to obtain the Archbishop’s licence in the Diocese of Sydney as ordained Anglican minister (or soon to be).
- Preach Christ and teach the Scriptures publicly and in smaller settings.
- Lead a variety of Anglican church services, including some weddings.
- Offer pastoral leadership to a cathedral congregation.
- Most likely: develop and drive our Christian discipleship/formation program.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Gladly Anglican, in the classical evangelical orthodox sense, including attitude to liturgy.
- Willing to serve as an ‘all-rounder’.
- Character: humility, hospitality, servant-heartedness and courage, etc.
- Capacity: self-starter, with drive and ‘stickability’.
- Temperament: collegial, with tolerance for a wide range of people of diverse backgrounds and ideas.
- Open in principle to serving here at least 5 years.
- Commitment to upholding the standards of our code of conduct, Faithfulness in Service.
For a full job description, click here.
To express your interest (with CV detailing relevant experience), please contact the Dean, Sandy Grant.
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorised only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.