Location: Newtown, NSW
Date advertised: 7th March 2023
Job Type: Full time, Temporary/Contract
Closing Date: 19 March 2023
- 10 month contract
- Full time
Moore Theological College Council is seeking a Librarian to join our Library team in a maternity relief role. This exciting role will enable you to contribute to the leading theological education provided by the College.
Moore College is one of Australia’s leading reformed evangelical theological colleges, with a world-wide reputation for outstanding theological education and ministry training. It was founded in 1856 and offers courses from diploma level to doctoral level. It currently has around 400 undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The College’s vision is to see God glorified by men and women living for and proclaiming Jesus Christ, growing healthy churches and reaching the lost. Its mission, the part it has to play in the realisation of that vision, is to provide an excellent evangelical theological education that immerses future gospel workers in the Bible and prepares them for a faithful ministry of the word of God in the context of vibrant, loving learning community.
Located in Newtown, the College has 80 staff and the Donald Robinson Library has over 300,000 items in its collection. The College is committed to a safe and encouraging workplace that reflects the Christian gospel it proclaims, and in 2021 was awarded the Best Workplace Award for its positive workplace culture and in 2022 the Change Champions Award for the growth in our culture.
Further information about the College can be found on the website
As a Librarian, you will report to the acting Library Manager, and will be responsible for cataloguing and managing monographs.
As a Librarian you will be involved in:
- End processing of monographs
- Ensure set readings are available for all students
- Customer service for library patrons
To be successful you will meet the following essential selection criteria:
- Tertiary qualification in information management or equivalent
- Eligibility for professional membership of ALIA or an equivalent level of knowledge and experience.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and implement change as the Library evolves.
- Ability to support and promote the Christian Vision, Mission and Values of Moore College.
It is desirable that you also will:
- Proficient in the use of online systems such as OCLC and the Library’s integrated library management.
- Experience in accessioning, cataloguing, classifying and end processing monographs.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter which briefly addresses the above mentioned selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries, please contact Lana Kularajah, People and Culture Manager, email@example.com
Please note, applications close on Sunday 19 March 2023.
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorised only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.