SRE Teacher - High School
Location: Northern Beaches, NSW
Date advertised: 8th January 2018
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 26 January 2018
Special Religious Education Teacher / 3 days per week Cromer Campus // Northern Beaches - Sydney
Here is an exciting opportunity for a trained teacher to teach Christian Studies (Special Religious Education), to year 7 to 10 students at Cromer Campus of the Northern Beaches Secondary College.
The job entails teaching and bringing alive all aspects of the Christian faith to High School students. It also includes timetabling the lessons to fit into the school’s schedule, liaising with teachers, being sensitive to the multi-cultural and multi-faith community and being God’s ambassador in this school.
- have a valid Working With Children Check Clearance;
- have teaching qualifications and experience;
- be a committed Christian and regular church attender;
- be able to work independently with a comprehensive knowledge of the Bible along with the ability to communicate its message effectively, and;
- commit to the NPSRE Association Mission, Vision and Statement of Faith.
It is desirable for applicants to:
- have Bible College or other theological qualifications, and
- have an interest and/or experience in teaching SRE to students.
The role will include:
- Delivery of a comprehensive Christian Studies course to years 7 to 10;
- Update lessons, materials, and programs as the need arises;
- Organise and run a weekly Christian Lunchtime Group and Prayer Meeting in conjunction with supporting churches;
- Be a listening ear to students; building trust and understanding, praying with and for students and staff as the need arises;
- Liaise with the school’s Welfare Team to be a positive service pastorally;
- Conduct periodical visits to supporting churches and report on the joys and challenges of this ministry;
- Write regular newsletter updates for supporters and churches to inform them of the ministry and provide regular prayer points;
- Attend NPSRE Association Board meetings twice per term.
For further enquiries or to apply for this position, please contact the Chairman of NPSRE Association, Ben Molyneux, on 0421 727 805 or email@example.com by Friday 26th January, 2018.
Applications should include a covering letter, up to date resume and at least three referees (one of which should be your church minister).