Location: Macquarie Park, NSW
Date advertised: 10th March 2023
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 26 March 2023
Robert Menzies College is a Christian college which provides accommodation to 300 students attending Macquarie University.
This position is covering maternity leave and will be for a period of 12 months. It is critical for the effective operation of the College as a community that cares for students as they transition from school to the workplace, through the process of obtaining tertiary qualifications in a College environment. The position overseas the general welfare and academic progress of the residents.
The position requires a heart for Christian ministry to those they work with and serve daily.
This hands-on role will be responsible for:
- the academic monitoring and support of the College community
- leadership development for residents
- communication and administration for both internal and external audiences
- fostering a positive relationship between the College and Macquarie University
- leading and modelling academic engagement at RMC
The person for this role will:
- be able to demonstrate an active Christian commitment, character and values
- be committed to the ideal and practices of residential colleges
- have pastoral experience in a university, residential community or church, with a strong commitment to pastoral care
- have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- be able to work with a diverse range of people
- have excellent organisational and administrative abilities
- have relevant qualifications, preferably postgraduate qualifications
This is a part-time role with flexible working arrangements, generally requiring the Dean to be in the office two days per week.
Applications close: Sunday 26 March 2023 but may close earlier if a suitable applicant is identified.
Your application should include a covering letter addressing the above criteria, a résumé and at least three referees, including your current church minister.
Send your application to:
Rev Dr Peter Davis, RMC Master
T: 02 9936 6000
For further information contact the Master.
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorised only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.