Preschool Director - Maternity Leave position
Location: North Sydney, NSW
Date advertised: 13th March 2019
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 29th March 2019
St Thomas’ Preschool in North Sydney is seeking an experienced teaching Director and Christian educator for a Maternity Leave position.
The role would commence in Term 3 for one year, with a possibility of extension.
This role represents an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to lead a small, dedicated team in a caring and nurturing environment. The Preschool is well established and regarded in the community and caters for 27 children daily aged 3-5 years. The Preschool is open from 9:15am to 3:15pm during school terms and is a not for profit centre supported by a Management Committee.
The Director will be in charge of the day-to-day operations of the Preschool, responsible for the development of the educational program, mentoring and training staff, building relationships with children and families, and ensuring the Preschool complies with all required regulations. In addition, the Director will fill the role of a Responsible Person and Nominated Supervisor, and fulfil both on and off floor responsibilities.
The successful candidate will:
- be a committed Christian
- have a love of children and a passion for play-based learning
- be a confident leader who enjoys nurturing the gifts of others
- have a motivated personality with an ambition to provide educational standards of excellence and able to build relationships
- be competent in all areas of childcare compliance, legislation and OH&S
- have a fluent working knowledge of NQF and EYLF
- hold a Bachelor of Early Education, as recognised by ACECQA
- have previous experience as a Centre Director or Educational Leader
- have a current Working With Children Check number and current child protection training
- hold a current First Aid Certificate including asthma and anaphylaxis management (ACECQA approved)
In order to attract the ideal candidate, we are offering an attractive and generous package that includes benefits such as car parking, the provision of modern technology and support for ongoing professional development and training.
Applications should include a cover letter outlining why you are interested in the role and what you can bring to the role, a resume including qualifications, and two references (preferably one from a professional colleague and one from a church minister).
Applications or enquiries should be directed to Rosanna Hill via email at email@example.com or by phone on (02) 9922 2878 no later than no later than 29th March.