Location: Castle Hill, NSW
Date advertised: 15th March 2023
Job Type: Part time, Permanent
Closing Date: 14 April 2023
- Permanent Part Time – 3 days per week
- Farrer Brown Court – Castle Hill
- Provide spiritual and emotional support to residents, families, and staff
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
Farrer Brown Court is a warm and friendly home offering accommodation to 134 residents. Set in pleasant surroundings on Sydney’s hills district, our team offers a home-like environment where residents are treated with dignity and respect.
About the role
The purpose of the Pastoral Carer is to provide spiritual and emotional support to the home’s community, firstly to residents of the Home, as well as their families and the staff. This is achieved through developing individual relationships with each resident and providing support according to their needs and preferences.
In the role of Pastoral Carer, you will be based on site at the home and work as part of the wider Mission and Partnerships Team.
Key responsibilities include…
- Provide one-to-one pastoral visitation to all residents of the home
- Support new residents as they transition into residential aged care
- Support the Chaplain in the provision of Chapel and other Christian activities
- Provide pastoral End of Life care for residents
- Complete and maintain appropriate documentation in Clinical Manager
- Collaborate with Multi-Disciplinary Team to provide person centred care
- Provide pastoral care to staff and family members affected by grief and loss.
Requirements for Success
- Strong personal and active Christian faith is essential
- An active listener who builds trust and rapport
- Demonstrates a high level of empathy and compassion.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Well-developed administrative and computer skills
- Is able to maintain professional boundaries, confidentiality and reliability
- Relevant training/qualifications in Pastoral Care highly regarded
- Previous experience in ministry/pastoral care/aged care preferred
- Please note: A verbal reference from a Church Minister or Pastor is required.
- Not-for-profit salary packaging
- Work as part of a well-supported, structured Team
- Regular professional supervision
- Employee Assistance Program provides free external and confidential counselling
- Training and Development – including full orientation training and Introduction to Pastoral Care Course
- Discounts on major retailers and everyday products
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake or provide clearances for the following Checks: a Police Check, NDIS Check, Working With Children Check, qualifications and referee checks, along with a record of Covid vaccination boosters.
Anglicare’s mission is to see Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened. Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children, young people, the elderly and vulnerable, and has zero tolerance of bullying and abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorised only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.