Location: Wynyard, Sydney CBD
Date advertised: 17th March 2023
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: When the ideal candidate is found
We seek a keen Christian with a passion for supporting ministry in rural Australia to fill the role of Administrative Assistant providing support to the National Office. This is a full-time, in office position, in newly refurbished offices in the Sydney CBD.
The successful candidate will have a positive attitude, be keen to learn, have good organisation skills, a capacity to problem solve, make decisions and show initiative. You will also be computer literate. Confidentiality and good communication skills are paramount. Previous experience in an administrative position (preferably in a Christian not-for-profit organisation) and an existing understanding of the Anglican Church structure, culture and mission, are desirable but not essential.
Some of the main tasks include:
- Prioritising the day-to-day administrative functions of the National Office.
- Administrative support including the preparation of documents and reports.
- Engaging with key stakeholders, supporters, and partners via phone and email.
- Assisting various staff with travel arrangements.
- Administrative and office support duties such as word processing, spreadsheet creation, maintenance of filing system and contact database, and other day-to-day operations.
- Organising and facilitating events.
- Other administrative duties as required for the functioning of the BCA National Office.
BCA – Going the distance.
Founded in 1919, Bush Church Aid (BCA) is a Christian missionary organisation, working with the Anglican Church and other Christian organisations, focused on gospel ministry around the country. BCA has a heart for people living in remote, rural and regional Australia. We are committed to going the distance to reach Australia for Christ.
While we are a national organisation, BCA operate a number of regional offices. This allows us to better support our Field Staff as well as engage and develop supporters in the various regions.
The BCA National Office is located at Wynyard in the Sydney CBD.
Want to know more?
You can learn more about what we do and what it’s like to work at BCA by visiting our website. If you have a question about the role or the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 9262 5017.
If you think you might be the right person for this role, apply now by sending your resume and a covering letter to email@example.com
Applications will close after the ideal candidate is found.
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorised only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.