Health & Justice Chaplaincy Manager
Location: Various - Sydney Diocese
Date advertised: 23rd March 2018
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 22 April 2018
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
About the job:
We are seeking someone to lead Anglicare’s teams of Health and Justice Chaplains. These teams consists of a number of ordained and non-ordained Anglican ministers. This position is open to men or women who are an ordained Anglican minister (preferred) or a lay minister who is eligible to be licensed (or authorised) by the Archbishop of Sydney.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work in a rewarding ministry and make a genuine difference in the lives of others working as a Chaplains and those they serve, on a permanent full time basis.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Effective leadership and management of Civil Chaplains in Public Institutions (e.g. Corrective Services, Health, and NSW Police Force) and associated pastoral care personnel
- Recruitment, support, development and supervision of chaplaincy staff
- Along-side the Partnership Development Team ensures Chaplaincy personnel are actively pursuing, creating and maintaining beneficial partnerships with local Anglican churches, congregations, and individuals.
- Financial management of programs
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Ordained Minister of the Anglican Church of Australia, currently licensed within Diocese of Sydney
- Proven record of ministry experience in a parish or chaplaincy setting;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team;
- A personal commitment to growth in the Christian faith
- Ongoing membership and participation with a local Anglican congregation; and
- Current and valid driver’s licence.
To be successful you will be a faithful disciple of Christ with formal theological qualifications with experience in leading a team and in evangelical chaplaincy services.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
To apply please click on the following link: http://jobs.arv.org.au/cw/en/job/496601/health-and-justice-chaplaincy-manager , for any enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org