Location: Sydney CBD, NSW
Date advertised: 31st March 2021
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: ASAP
- Administrative client orientated role within a property services team
- Full time – with opportunities for flexible work practices.
- CBD based Christian professional services organisation
Sydney Diocesan Services (SDS) is committed to supporting the building of God’s Kingdom through the provision of a range of services to parishes and organisations in the Anglican Church Diocese of Sydney.
SDS provides property services to parishes and the Anglican Church Property Trust Diocese of Sydney (ACPT) through the Parish Property Services team. This team, of 6 other people, is responsible for administration and management related to the 1,100 properties, valued in excess of $3.5 billion that are held by the ACPT on behalf of parishes. These properties are located in parishes throughout the diocese which extends from Ulladulla in the south to Berowra in the North, Lithgow in the West and Lord Howe Island in the east. The Parish Property Services team is also responsible for administering the insurance arrangements for parishes and a number of diocesan organisations.
About the role
The role is within the Parish Property Services team and is property, rather than insurance focussed. It is a key parish and management support role in which you will assist the team with various day-to-day financial, property, compliance, reporting and administrative functions whilst maintaining a continued high level of service delivery to achieve customer satisfaction for both internal and external customers.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting with parish enquiries over the phone, through email and sometimes in face to face meetings with parish representatives with your manager.
- Assembling documents for signing - including development applications, construction certificates, lease, licence and building contracts.
- Reviewing invoices for building contracts and parish requests for reimbursement of expenditure in relation to Property related costs, acquisition and sale of properties, and preparing approval forms for your manager.
- Witnessing execution of various legal documents including: building contracts, leases, licences, contracts for sale and purchase of land, loans and mortgages, land subdivisions, boundary adjustments, memoranda of understanding.
- Receiving original copies of Certificates of Title and other legal instruments and ensuring excellent record keeping, both for hard copies, where needed, and electronic.
- Working more broadly with other parts of the wider SDS team when required.
The role is for the committed Christian who enjoys administration and has an interest in property or even a tertiary student studying a business, legal, engineering or property related discipline. You will ideally have between 1 and 3 years’ experience working in a corporate office environment and be seeking an administration role with a purpose. You will be able to work autonomously, while being keen to learn, support the team and willing to take direction.
Attention to detail and a curious nature is essential, coupled with a confidence in asking questions to ensure the right outcome. You will enjoy completing tasks and projects, and have an exceptional eye for detail and accuracy. You will be an excellent communicator who finds it easy to build rapport and relate well with people from a diverse demographic (in our case, including volunteer office holders).
Good numeracy skills are important as is proficiency in the Microsoft office suite of products to at least an intermediate level, and experience using a document management program would be helpful. A strong discipline around keeping track of all administrative processes will be important. Most of all we want someone who wants to work as part of our team who has a positive attitude, respects others, seeks to collaborate, ensures we deliver and celebrates others' achievements.
Although previous property experience is not required, such experience would be viewed favourably.
Consistent with the ethos and values of SDS, applicants for the position are to have a demonstrated Christian commitment. Being an active member of an Anglican church with knowledge of the Diocese is an advantage.
SDS’s values underpin the way we work and offer professional development opportunities, flexible work practices and an Employee Recognition Program.
- Apply now with a covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience, and explaining why you are a good fit for this role and resume in one PDF document here.
- Please call Property Manager Scott Lincoln on 9265 1633, with any inquiries.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a position description.