Location: Liverpool, NSW
Date advertised: 1st April 2021
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 1st May, 2021
- Rewarding Chaplaincy Position, Anglicare
- Full-time, Liverpool Hospital
- Make a genuine difference in the lives of others
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
About the role:
Our Chaplaincy team consists of a number of ordained and non-ordained Anglican ministers. This position is open to applicants who are an ordained Anglican minister (preferred) or lay minister, who are eligible to be licensed by the Archbishop of Sydney as an Anglicare Chaplain.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work in a rewarding ministry and make a genuine difference in the lives of others as a Hospital Chaplain.
This position will suit an empathetic individual and sound listener who can communicate exceptionally well with a range of people and has demonstrated experience in pastoral ministry. In this role you will be required to work on an on-call basis to meet the needs of patients and their families.
You must currently hold or be willing to obtain a Working with Children Check clearance to be considered for the position.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Respond to requests from patients and their relatives and provide pastoral support.
- Be available to facilitate chapel services within the hospitals as required.
- Cooperate with Chaplains of other denominations and other Faiths in the Hospital Chaplaincy Department.
- Participate in Hospital Chaplaincy Department meetings.
- Be fully engaged with Anglicare Chaplaincy and attend meetings as required.
- Develop supportive relationships with several parishes.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Ordained Minister of the Anglican Church of Australia, currently licensed within Diocese of Sydney or eligible to be licensed by the Archbishop or a layperson with the minimum of a three year tertiary qualifications in theology/ministry who is eligible to be licensed by the Archbishop of Sydney.
- Minimum of five years ministry experience in a parish or chaplaincy setting.
- Demonstrated competence and experience in pastoral ministry with a range of individuals.
- Excellent communication skills and listening skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team and autonomously.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work harmoniously with others.
- A personal commitment to growth in the Christian faith; and
- Current and valid driver’s licence and willingness to travel.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
For more information or to apply, please visit our website www.anglicare.org.au