Location: North Sydney, NSW
Date advertised: 3rd April 2018
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: Friday 27 April unless filled prior to this date
- Full time Reception and Admin Role
- Great opportunity to work in a Christian workplace
St Thomas’ Anglican Church is a vibrant and growing church in North Sydney that is passionate about seeing the gospel go out into the community and developing disciples for Christ.
To find out more about St Thomas’ Church please visit www.st-thomas.org.au
About the role:
We are seeking an enthusiastic new team member who is keen to serve our three congregations, Ministers and our community through a five day role covering office administration and reception.
The role is diverse in task and provides great exposure to the workings of a church. The successful applicant will be needing to have Christian discernment, exceptional interpersonal skills and a passion for supporting ministry.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Dealing with all enquiries - email, phone and in person
- Maintaining the church database and producing reports
- Organising and processing all bookings of St Thomas’ properties
- Creating and maintaining rosters
- Maintaining official registers
- Administrative help in organising St Thomas’ events
- Administrative help to Ministers/Children’s Ministry/Safe Ministry, etc.
- Coordinating funerals, weddings, baptisms and other church related events
- Stationery ordering
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Good command of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Knowledge of church management systems (Elvanto) is an advantage
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multitask, prioritise and be flexible
How to apply:
Contact St Thomas’ Anglican Church with your intent to apply, a current resume and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Friday 27 April unless filled prior to this date.