Location: Coogee, NSW
Date advertised: 10th January 2023
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: ASAP
St. Nics' Christian Preschool (SNCP) offers quality childcare in a community/church-managed, a community-based early learning centre for 39 children ranging from 2 to 5 years of age.
We aim to offer children and families an early learning centre where excellent Christian early childhood education and care is provided with Jesus at the heart of all we do. Through our safe and highly engaging play-based program, we aim to build relationships and connections between the St Nics’ Christian Preschool community and the St Nicolas’ Church community. We embed our Christian values throughout our program and curriculum, our values being deeply founded in the centrality of Jesus and God’s Word, the Bible.
Are you a Educational Leader or an Assistant Director looking to progress your career?
St. Nics' Christian Preschool (SNCP) is seeking to appointment an Director with an ability to manage, lead and deliver a centre of excellence. The Director will manage SNCP in a manner that shows a passion and commitment to children and their families, and that is God honouring and consistent with the SNCP's vision to provide the local community with a caring and kind environment, giving children the best start to life, and reflecting the love of Jesus in all that we do.
Essential to this role is a personal commitment to SNCP's Vision, Mission, Values and Philosophy that underpin the delivery of a Christian-based education of excellence, to children in the SNCP community. We see the appointment of the Director/Nominated Supervisor as a ministry calling.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Creating and maintaining a uniquely Christian early learning environment.
- Management, coordination and oversight of the early childhood service.
- Provision of excellent leadership to the SNCP team.
- Provision of quality education, care, respect and understanding of all children and families.
- Development and implementation of relevant programs and activities as an integral part of SNCP for e.g. Intergenerational Program and Indigenous Scholarship.
- Adherence to all legislative requirements.
- Recruitment, retention and training of staff.
- Day to day financial management of the service.
- Create opportunities to continue to build upon the relationships between SNCP and the St. Nicolas' Church.
- Have a clear understanding and support for Christian education.
- Have a genuine interest in the welfare of children and also in their social, spiritual and academic development.
- Demonstrate the ability to coordinate a pre-school or long day care centre.
- Demonstrate commitment to the provision of high quality Christian education and care.
- Have a highly developed understanding of relevant legislation and other government requirements which regulate the provision of care and education.
- Have an understanding of and commitment to the National Quality Frameworks.
- Ability to work as both a leader and member of a wider management team.
- Demonstrate a high level of liaison, oral and written communication skills.
- Have experience in managing a diverse team.
Essential Qualifications and Requirements
The successful applicant will have:
- A minimum qualification of a Diploma of Early Childhood and Care (or equivalent). Early Childhood Teachers are encouraged to apply.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Current NSW Working With Children's Check (WWCC)
- Reference from a Church Pastor or Minister.
Other Essential Requirements
- The salary and classification for this position will be dependent on the qualifications and experience of the successful applicant.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a personal faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and a lifestyle consistent with that faith, including an active commitment to a Christian fellowship.
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens or hold a current and valid working visa. SNCP will not consider sponsorship nor support a visa application process.
- In keeping with the SNCP’s policy and legislative requirements, any offer of employment is subject to you providing a verified NSW Working With Children Check (WWCC) prior to commencing employment and maintaining this for the duration of your employment.
- 10 % Above award pay rates (after probation).
- Paid Professional Development.
- Monthly RDOs
- Four pupil free days throughout the year for professional development and team bonding.
- Free flu vaccinations.
- Paid First Aid and CPR qualifications
- Bonus two weeks annual leave during Christmas Closure.
- Direct support from our parent/church Committee of Management.
1.Cover Letter/Expression of Interest:
- A brief cover letter (no more than two pages) outlining what the candidate feels they will bring to this position.
This should also include detail about experience and expertise in any of the Key Areas of Responsibility.
2. Curriculum Vitae, covering:
- Position held (including details of present position), dates, scope of responsibilities and key achievements.
- Details of education and professional training and qualifications.
- Any other relevant information, such as involvement in professional and community activities.
Certified copies of transcripts, degrees and statements of service may be required should you successfully reach the interview round.
All confidential enquiries and applications can be directed to Craig Segaert by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorised only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.