Transformation Program Director
Location: Based in any capital city
Date advertised: 5th April 2019
Job Type: Temporary/Contract
Closing Date: 29 April 2019
- Looking for your next significant change challenge?
- Do you enjoy working within a strong Christian environment?
- Eager for an opportunity that has national impact?
- Role can be located in any Australian capital city.
About Scripture Union Australia
The State Scripture Union (SU) movements in Australia envisage the formation of a national SU movement, which reflects:
- SU’s strong commitment to SU’s Aims, Beliefs and Working Principles, whilst recognising that there is diversity in how these are currently lived out among state movements;
- SU’s determination to strengthen SU’s missional ‘DNA’ both the present and the future; and
- SU’s commitments to empowering grassroots volunteer ministry and regional leadership.
About the role
Transitioning from its current state-based structure, the Transformation Program Director shall direct the design of a national SU movement across Australia. You will develop program objectives and plans covering all aspects of the program and ensure their smooth implementation.
This is an initial contract opportunity until 31 December 2019, with the possibility for extension to this contract role if it is resolved to proceed with the transformation.
As Transformation Program Director, you will be responsible for:
- Developing Program proposals and project plans;
- Engaging with senior stakeholders across all of our entities;
- Leading the program team and associated working groups;
- Developing and managing budgets; and
- Managing program risks.
- You are energised by our mission to work with churches to make God’s good news known to children, young people and families.
- You have a proven track record in managing and delivering major transformation programs with multiple entities and key stakeholders.
- Your sense of collaboration and positive influence has enabled you to introduce significant change, overcoming resistance and establishing the ‘new order’.
- You are a strong leader who leads by leading and empowering, and not by command and control. You help others to achieve their best and celebrate their successes, and create a culture of serving others.
- You have relevant tertiary qualifications with senior management experience. Experience working in a not-for-profit environment is advantageous.
In order to be considered for this role, please complete your application including the following:
- Cover Letter – Clearly outlining how you meet the role requirements listed in the “About You” section above and outlining your cultural fit within SU.
- Current CV
Applications will be assessed according to the “Required Competencies” and “Additional Requirements” listed in the Role Statement.
Applicants must already have the legal right to work in Australia in order to be considered for this role.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org The closing date for this position is 29 April 2019.
For all other general enquiries please contact Robert Miller, Head of People Services with SU Qld, on (07) 3112 6424.
Recruitment agencies need not enquire or apply. Only direct candidate applications will be considered