Location: Turramurra, NSW
Date advertised: 11th April 2018
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 10th May 2018
St James Anglican Parish is a large evangelical church on the Upper North Shore of Sydney with three ministry centres in Turramurra, North Turramurra and Warrawee. Our regular Sunday attendance approximates 700.
The Business Manager’s role takes responsibility for the effective and efficient oversight of the church’s organisational and administrative requirements, having some familiarity with the operations of not-for-profit organisations.
The role includes supervision of the Administration team, currently the equivalent of 2 full-time staff.
St James vision for growth is to see 1,000 regular Sunday attendees across the Parish by 2027. The Business Manager would be committed to providing administrative oversight and systems to support this vision being achieved.
The role encompasses (but is not limited to):
- supervising the St James Administration Team
- managing Human Resource requirements
- ensuring effective Ministry Resources and Support
- liaising and coordinating with with Parish Leadership
- reviewing and implementing Occupational Health and Safety requirements
- overseeing the administration of the Parish's Financial Affairs
- administering Property Facilities and Resources
- ensuring Parish Compliance with regulatory bodies
The successful applicant will:
- have an understanding and commitment to St James’ goals and values
- be a convinced Christian with a desire for godly living, regularly participating in the life of an evangelical church
- have met satisfactory Safe Ministry requirements consistent with the Anglican Diocese of Sydney
- be subject to an initial 6 month probationary period
- be prepared to participate in six-monthly performance reviews
- be an effective communicator orally and in writing.
- be organisationally adept and skilled in problem solving with accountability for outcomes.
- be able to exercise initiative and establish strategy to achieve same.
- be competent in the use of essential of databases & software packages, including Microsoft Office.
- possess good interpersonal skills.
- have thoughtfulness in presentation.
- be able to observe appropriate confidentialities and discretion.
- be committed to personal growth and professional improvement.
A detailed Role Description can be supplied upon request.
Applications in writing with CV attached should be forwarded to the attention of Julian Bickersteth at email@example.com.