Location: Wahroonga, NSW
Date advertised: 21st October 2021
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: ASAP
St Andrew’s and St Paul’s Wahroonga are seeking expressions of interest for a families minister to lead our mission to the families of Wahroonga.
St Andrew’s and St Paul’s have recently formed a partnership which spans our 2 sites, currently gathered in 5 congregations, with approximately 325 adults and 130 children and youth.
The families minister will be part of our senior leadership team - helping to set strategic direction with a church-wide responsibility for one aspect of our mission.
The families minister will be involved in the leadership team of our Sunday Night Church, and have a particular role in integrating the senior youth into that congregation.
The families minister will head up our children, youth and families department - overseeing other staff involved in serving the families of our church and our area by:
- facilitating outreach to families,
- developing Bible teaching to grow families, and
- encouraging parents to raise mature disciples of Jesus.
Within the department, the families minister will be responsible for developing our ministry to to the youth of our church and the area by:
- proclaiming the gospel to youth through clear Bible teaching and strong relationships,
- leading the recruitment, training and care of our volunteer youth team, and
- encouraging the integration of youth into the life of the whole church.
The families minister will be a prayerful, committed Christian, growing in godliness, with evangelical convictions and a demonstrable ability to work within teams.
It is hoped that the successful applicant will commence as soon as possible.
To enquire about the role please contact Andrew Rees (Senior Minister).
A detailed job description will be provided.