P/T Children’s and Families Minister
Location: Huskisson, NSW
Date advertised: 2nd November 2017
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 30th November 2017
About our Church
Huskisson Anglican is a reformed evangelical church of the Sydney Diocese on the beautiful Shoalhaven South Coast. Our family church meets at VIncentia Public School Hall.
Having 150 members, 3 services and 9 prayer and bible study growth groups, we are looking for a person who will help us grow our children’s and family ministry.
Our vision is to see Christ’s church built by proclaiming his Word.
We are growing followers of Jesus Christ.
Our purpose is to:
- Honour the Lord Jesus Christ
- Grow in Christian maturity
- Serve others in love
- Proclaim Jesus to the World
About the Role (Job Description)
We are seeking to employ a part-time children’s and families minister (2-3 days per week including Sundays). Commencement negotiable.
The Children’s and Families minister is a key ministry position in the fulfilment of our church’s mission strategy. We are seeking to grow our small children’s and family’s ministry.
We are looking for a person with a passion for sharing Jesus with children and families and helping them grow in Christ.
What do we bring to the table?
- A Senior Minister who is a good listener and gentle mentor.
- The nicest families and children anywhere in Australia (biased?)
- lots of young people – five local primary schools plus a large (~ 1,000 students) local high school
- An established church family who wants to see you succeed.
- Access to the church office (computer, photocopier, guillotine, paper folding machine, laminator etc.)
- A picturesque setting in which to further the Good News of Jesus.
(The extent of the role is negotiable depending on the hours employed).
- be responsible for children’s ministry
- co-ordinate and be part of the team for our Sunday morning children’s programme.
- develop and train volunteer children’s leaders.
- start an after-school kids club.
- support family ministry in our church by upholding the traditional biblical teaching on the nature of marriage and encouraging parents to raise their children in the knowledge and love of God in Christ.
- make connections with families in the area.
Requirements – Candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Committed Christian with reformed evangelical convictions
- Have demonstrated gifts in working with children and families
- Have demonstrated ability in managing volunteers
- Ideally, have some theological training eg. from Youthworks
- Have some fresh new ideas
- A godly character and active prayer life
- A heart for evangelism and committed to seeing lives changed by the gospel.
How to Apply:
Submit in writing a cover letter and resume with references to Ray Goldman via firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact Ray Goldman by email email@example.com or phone 02 4441 5755.
Your application should address all selection criteria listed in the position description and include current qualifications, relevant professional experience and Christian ministry involvement. Please include a past employer and your current church minister as a referee.
We are committed to participating in the NSW Working with Children Checks program, and successful applicants must have a valid Working with Children Check ID number for paid employment before an offer of employment can be made. Persons who are ineligible need not apply.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Applications Close 30/11/2017.