P/T Children’s and Youth Minister
Location: Shellharbour, NSW
Date advertised: 5th October 2017
Job Type: Part time
About the role
We are looking for a person with a passion for sharing Jesus with children and youth, and the ability to oversee our children’s and youth ministry.
As a church we are seeking to grow, particularly in our children’s and youth group ages.
We presently have strong involvement in SRE / Scripture in our local primary and high schools, and great ministry facilities in a vibrant coastal village and community.
The position is negotiable from between three to four days a week (four days is most preferable).
Remuneration is commensurate with experience and qualifications and in accord with Sydney Diocesan stipendiary standards.
- Leading our Sunday family service’s Kids’ Church,
- Providing Biblical teaching and leadership to our weekly kids’ club and youth group.
- Developing and training volunteer children and youth leaders.
- Seeking ways to grow C&Y ministry and relationships where possible.
- Primary Scripture teaching.
Optional: High school scripture teaching (this is a dedicated day for the position).
The person we are looking for will:
- Have a heart and passion to see children come to faith and grow as disciples of Jesus.
- Have skills and experience in Bible teaching and ministry with children; other child-related training or experience such as infants or primary teaching would be helpful;
- Have a theological education or in the process of pursuing theological educational;
- Have the capacity to develop and train other leaders;
- Be personally disciplined in time management, a team player, an active member of our church and able to work under the direction of the senior minister.
St Paul’s Anglican Church Shellharbour is committed to participating in the NSW Working with Children Checks program, and successful applicants must have a valid Working with Children Check ID number for paid employment before an offer of employment can be made. Persons who are ineligible need not apply.
To apply, or for more information, please contact our minister, Nigel Parker on 0410 263 682 or at email@example.com
(Written applications should include a covering letter and resume. Your application should address all selection criteria listed in the position description and include current qualifications, relevant professional experience and Christian ministry involvement. Please include a past employer and a current church minister as a referee).