Location: Croydon, NSW
Date advertised: 26th September 2017
Job Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Friday 20 October 2017
St James Croydon seeks an experienced and competent Administrator to assist the rector, ministry team and wardens in running an efficient and effective office to facilitate the life and work of the church.
We seek an Administrator who can ensure that the business of the church complements and even enhances the priorities of the church.
The successful applicant will be a part of a small team reporting directly to the Rector.
You will be working on a permanent part-time basis equivalent to 4 days per week.
The job will begin on a date set with the successful applicant.
Duties will include:
- Handling incoming calls, mail and diary management;
- Liaising with service providers, weddings and other enquiries;
- Managing the church database and Elvanto functions;
- Basic layout and production of print & online communications from the church;
- Provide administrative support to the staff team;
- Perform banking and basic account keeping activities;
- Other duties as discussed with the Rector.
To be successful in this role you are likely to have:
- A strong commitment to Christ and involved in your church;
- A high level of interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- An experience in a similar role;
- An ability to work independently and meet deadlines;
- A high standard of task-orientation, organisational skills and attention to detail;
- An ability to analyse, prioritise and make decisions;
- Competence with MacOS, Microsoft Office 365 and computer-based office systems;
- Experience with social media and web content management;
- Experience with desktop publishing and design tools would be an advantage (for example Adobe Creative Suite);
- Experience with Xero is desirable;
- Be able to work under pressure;
- Thrive in a busy environment;
- Be adaptable.
Salary Package and Entitlements: A salary package of approximately $35,000-$43,000 (depending on experience), plus 9.5% employer contributions to superannuation. Which will include standard leave entitlements.
For a detailed position description or other information, contact email@example.com
All applications must be in writing or emailed and include a resume of your qualifications and employment history. Please provide at least two current references, including one from your church minister.
Applications to be received by Friday OCTOBER 20.