Parish Village Chaplain
Location: Castle Hill, NSW
Date advertised: 6th December 2017
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
St Paul’s Castle Hill in partnership with Anglicare Retirement Villages is seeking a *Parish Village Chaplain to join the team ministering to the Retirement Living residents in the Anglicare Retirement Village Castle Hill.
The position is full time and suitable for an ordained or non-ordained person.
The structure of the position is that the successful applicant will be regarded as a member of the St Paul’s staff team, but will work exclusively on the Anglicare site.
To assist in the leading and shaping of **St James’ gatherings so that you make disciples who will lead and shape Anglicare Retirement Villages to the glory of God.
Key responsibilities will be:
- assisting with the running of services at St James’ chapel, including leading and preaching.
- Engaging in pastoral visitation including hospital visits.
- Supervising and co-ordinating the team that runs the monthly Caféchurch.
- Assisting with the running of the Alpha program.
- Building relationships with village managers and staff.
- Help recruit and training lay people for pastoral visitation.
Key giftings and abilities:
- an ability to preach passionately and effectively to a group of mature age residents with a variety of churchmanship and spiritual background.
- Empathy, listening and humility.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Servant heart.
- Passion for working amongst Seniors (with a key focus on women)
Remuneration will be in line with the Sydney Anglican Diocesan recommendations.
Applications should be submitted by Friday January 12th 2018.
Starting date anytime after February 1st 2018.
Applications with CV and references should be addressed to:
Rev Geoff Deutscher
c/- Chaplaincy Level 1 Lober House
Castle Hill NSW 2154
Ph: 0402 115 165
*Parish Village Chaplain is the name given to a person employed through the local Parish who works in an Anglican Retirement Village. The PVC is answerable to the Parish Rector or his designate and is supported financially from the offertories from St James’.
**St James’ is the onsite church at Anglicare Castle Hill. It is currently being demolished and rebuilt with the new facility planning to be opened some time in 2019. We are currently meeting in a Community Facility on the Anglicare site.